Odds For The New Manager

3 minutes ago, emersonthome said:

Maybe so. I just can't see myself looking back to 2019 in 5 years time and ruing the day we missed out on Tony Pulis

If Pulis were our only option, then yeah, we might as well give it a few months, write off this season and have our pick of the latest batch of managerial casualties from the Championship and Premier League relegation zone.

Thankfully he's not.

19 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Concerning that. We have a decent squad but to really compete we need further additions ASAP. We are already going to start the season on the back foot, players arriving last minute won’t help this. 

Did you really expect anything else following this great club of ours. It’s the Wednesday way.   

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Just seen laws saying Hughton the right man and has held talks. Come on Mr C get this done. Anyone know if Hughton is on holiday in the states at the moment? 2 plus 2 makes 156

Did you not read the part where Laws says he doesn't think Hughton will fancy the job? 

Guest mkowl

While I can see the desire to get a new manager in ASAP ultimately what is the issue. 

I don't think there is shed loads in the pot for new signings. Loans possibly at best.

The squad generally looks ok with strength in depth 

Ok it might not leave that much time for the Reading game but it's one game out of 46. Possibly even better to stick with the current game plan for that and gradually transition to the new guys style 

6 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Just seen laws saying Hughton the right man and has held talks. Come on Mr C get this done. Anyone know if Hughton is on holiday in the states at the moment? 2 plus 2 makes 156

2 plus 2 makes 156...

...are you part of the accountancy firm Chansiri uses?

lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

He has a promotion with Burton, albeit it was a promotion to League One, but then the following season left with Burton 2nd in League One to take the Birmingham job.

I don't thonk he did. I think it was Hasselbank who took them up. 

9 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

DC is in San Francisco right now according to his sons Instagram stories. 

Is it wrong to be slightly annoyed at that when we find ourselves without a manager when the season is upon us? Nothing is going to happen anytime soon is it. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

I was so sure I'd wake up to news of a managerial appointment this morning......

DimOfficialGermanspitz-small.gif

I’ve been thinking that every day since the weekend. Can’t see it happening anytime soon or DC isn’t even in the country. 

1 hour ago, emersonthome said:

Another way to look at it is - wait til September/October/November when more names become available

True but are there many in work now who have substantially better records than those who are out of work. There are a lot of promotions and play off finishes between the candidates already

27 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Is it wrong to be slightly annoyed at that when we find ourselves without a manager when the season is upon us? Nothing is going to happen anytime soon is it. 

How do you know? There could be lots going on under the surface and we wouldn't know. DC plays it close to his chest. The only info we are getting is supposedly from some interviewees.

28 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

No I don’t think it is really,  but I will say we don’t know if anyone’s working back here on his behalf .. if Rowett and Coleman have spoken to club surely someone must be representing him 

paxaio maybe