Odds For The New Manager

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I agree mate...but remember we ploughed along with Luhukay for a bloody long time...then got Bruce at the tail end....look what happened.

We have to get it right and if that means treading water for a bit...tread water

Want to avoid a repeat, in my opinion. We conceded too much ground under Luhukay. Even Bruce couldn't claw us back. Don't want to do the same with Bullen. For me, the next two weeks are all about recruitment. I can can only see that being jeopardised with our managerial situation. Fail to sign the right players and it's all over anyway. 

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Pulis,Monk, McClaren etc etc..Will not be looking at what they can do for us..They will be looking at how they can either maintain, or somehow improve their position on the gravy train..

The whole shambles is like a closed shop of managers selling Cv's....

This. 

Those types are around for another payday...bit like Fat head. 

At least with a Rowett or a Hughton, you feel they'd be wanting to build and achieve something. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Still think Bullen will end up getting it. :-(

Tbf, you've thought Coleman, Rowett, Pulis, Claudia Winkleman and the puppy from the Andrex advert were getting it in the last two weeks. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Nope. That is my criticism of DC. People complain about choices he's made running the club, but my grumble is the slow nature of things happening. The wheels turn too slow. Everything is long and drawn out, when sometimes he needs to be quick and decisive with a robust response. 

Probably haven't sold players because the projected time on paperwork completion would be well after their contracts run out. 

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

any decent managers in America, that we could realistically target?

Donald Trump has promised to "make Wednesday great again" and DC is discussing compensation to get him out of his current job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, you've thought Coleman, Rowett, Pulis, Claudia Winkleman and the puppy from the Andrex advert were getting it in the last two weeks. 

Nah I’ve always said Bullen was going to get it and said I don’t want Pulis, Coleman etc to get the job. Wouldn’t mind Claudia getting it though, lovely shiny hair. Might stick £10 on her. 

9 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Frank De Boer is also currently managing in the States.

What a coup that would be if FDB is the reason DC is out there.

De Boer likes possession football, we've had enough of that in the past so our players would be good at it. Take the corner and see if you can pass it back to our keeper in 4 passes. The fans would claw their eyes out in frustration and Jos would seem like a good idea.

De Boer is a good manager though.

Guest wilyfox
26 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

Donald Trump has promised to "make Wednesday great again" and DC is discussing compensation to get him out of his current job.

He's advised DC to build a wall between us and the pigs, making them pay for it. Sounds good. 

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Yep, and all this s*it or bust this season talk is a load of throw, we were apparently going to be in financial ruins this summer according to the bed wetters.

I thought that was the case (unless they change the FFP limits)?

Weren't we in an embargo based on a first year overspend of around £7m, the ground sale has got us out of that, next season won’t the first year overspend be around £20m?

Surely that’s a potential problem unless we sell the ground again lol

Ah just read your post properly, you are talking about this summer!

Having said that I think we would have been without the ground sale.

Edited by Spookone