Odds For The New Manager

There really ain’t no point flying out the traps and getting a manager in when he can’t deal in the market anyway until the EFL let us, and if am honest I can’t see any signs to say there going to let us anytime soon , I’d be surprised if there going to be happy in time for next window nevermind this one 

54 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Where's @Penguin when you need him.

He's probably injured because penguins are clumsy and competitive or he's busy nesting to finally attract a mate but other mischievous penguins keep stealing stones from his nest... :ph34r: 

giphy.gif  :ghoulguy:

giphy.gif lol

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Nope. That is my criticism of DC. People complain about choices he's made running the club, but my grumble is the slow nature of things happening. The wheels turn too slow. Everything is long and drawn out, when sometimes he needs to be quick and decisive with a robust response. 

In this situation it would be sensible to have a list of suitable candidates checked out just in case but I can understand why that didn't happen. I think DC and the fans assumed the snake would be here until the end of the year minimum and probably all season or longer . On that basis the speedy departure caught us all by surprise.

I'm happy to take our time and make sure we get the right man for the job hopefully a long term appointment.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, prowl said:

In this situation it would be sensible to have a list of suitable candidates checked out just in case but I can understand why that didn't happen. I think DC and the fans assumed the snake would be here until the end of the year minimum and probably all season or longer . On that basis the speedy departure caught us all by surprise.

I'm happy to take our time and make sure we get the right man for the job hopefully a long term appointment.

This...

No point just appointing someone because a few fans are getting all flappy about it. 

30 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Don’t think it’s anywhere near sorted is it 

Still think if Chansiri wants Hughton or whoever his top target is he won’t give up till it’s an absolute no go 

I get the feeling that the likes of Hughton will want reassurances around adding players, which frankly the chairman can't give while we are still under an embargo.

Less palatable candidates such as Zola and Coleman would jump at any opportunity to get back into management.

I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the catch 22 DC now finds himself in.

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

This...

No point just appointing someone because a few fans are getting all flappy about it. 

Yep, and all this s*it or bust this season talk is a load of throw, we were apparently going to be in financial ruins this summer according to the bed wetters.

At the end of the day Steve Bruce has royally turned us over,   my expectations of the season are now limited I just don’t know what direction we go in from here really 

Even if you get a gaffer like Hughton he can’t bring nobody in, squads weak in a few places , wait till January and season could be written off already 

Not usually negative but I do feel it’s time to be realistic really about this situation and timescale of getting back on track

17 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Nope. That is my criticism of DC. People complain about choices he's made running the club, but my grumble is the slow nature of things happening. The wheels turn too slow. Everything is long and drawn out, when sometimes he needs to be quick and decisive with a robust response. 

You can't really fault him for not making a kneejerk appointment though Wily.

This is  the season Chansiri said would be the vital one, the hard one.

I presume he meant financially, then luckily with Bruce, it sorta fell into place seemingly by accident almost.

Then this f.ookin' mess happens!

In all honesty, maybe apart from Hughton, the options are the same merry go round managers that appear, disappear, then..in a flash of fookin' deja vu...appear again....

You look at all their records and it reads.... "meh"..there is no stand out...the reason there is no stand out is because they are all much of a muchness...Monk of a Monkness...Plying their trade in the ordinary....

Heres us...Sold the ground, bought it back..like a f.ookin' a Vegas nutcase blowin' on the dice an' shoutin' "C'mon Baby".."This time!!"

Lets hope it is...lets hope the dice are loaded our way....make a f.ookin' change!

• Like 1

Just now, Royal_D said:

At the end of the day Steve Bruce has royally turned us over,   my expectations of the season are now limited I just don’t know what direction we go in from here really 

Even if you get a gaffer like Hughton he can’t bring nobody in, squads weak in a few places , wait till January and season could be written off already 

Not usually negative but I do feel it’s time to be realistic really about this situation and timescale of getting back on track

Tbf, we could have the best squad in the league and things would be a bit up in the air after the Bruce fiasco. 

If we can get a Hughton in, that can only be a good thing going forward. 

Hopefully, Bullen can keep us ticking over until then. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Tbf, we could have the best squad in the league and things would be a bit up in the air after the Bruce fiasco. 

If we can get a Hughton in, that can only be a good thing going forward. 

Hopefully, Bullen can keep us ticking over until then. 

Yep, any club who’s manager and whole backroom staff abandon ship 3 weeks before start of a season is gonna be in for a rough ride 

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I presume he meant financially, then luckily with Bruce, it sorta fell into place seemingly by accident almost.

In all honesty, maybe apart from Hughton, the options are the same merry go round managers that appear, disappear, then..in a flash of fookin' deja vu...appear again....

You look at all their records and it reads.... "meh"..there is no stand out...the reason there is no stand out is because they are all much of a muchness...Monk of a Monkness...Plying their trade in the ordinary....

Heres us...Sold the ground, bought it back..like a f.ookin' a Vegas nutcase blowin' on the dice an' shoutin' "C'mon Baby".."This time!!"

Lets hope it is...lets hope the dice are loaded our way....make a f.ookin' change!

This is our double six season ™

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Don't want a knee jerk reaction, no. Don't want him dragging his arse either. This is a crucial period. The next two weeks could be season-defining if we don't sign the right players, good manager or not. It always comes down to what the players do on the pitch. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Don't want a knee jerk reaction, no. Don't want him dragging his arse either. This is a crucial period. The next two weeks could be season-defining if we don't sign the right players, good manager or not. It always comes down to what the players do on the pitch. 

I agree mate...but remember we ploughed along with Luhukay for a bloody long time...then got Bruce at the tail end....look what happened.

We have to get it right and if that means treading water for a bit...tread water

• Like 1

I wonder if it's just like any other job interview? 

You get referred by a Recruitment Consultant whose a blithering idiot.

They look at your CV, ask you why you left x club.

Give you a few scenario type questions.

Then ask you about your hobbies. 

"So Steve, it says here you like Kebab shops"

You know, the usual job interview sh*te. 

• Haha 1