Odds For The New Manager

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Reach, Lee, Bannan, Hutchinson and possibly Harris.

I see goals, assists and quality there, but each to their own.

Now get back to crying about things being personal. 

Personally I don’t. Not enough goals and quality, Reach is the only one who realistically could hit double figures. Individually good players but can’t see them fitting into a settled system/staying injury free for the entire season. Need a couple more players in there with quality to challenge. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Personally I don’t. Not enough goals and quality, Reach is the only one who realistically could hit double figures. Individually good players but can’t see them fitting into a settled system/staying injury free for the entire season. Need a couple more players in there with quality to challenge. 

You don't see enough quality in the likes of Bannan, Lee, Hutch and Reach? 

I'll give you the injuries issue, but as for the rest. 

14 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You don't see enough quality in the likes of Bannan, Lee, Hutch and Reach? 

I'll give you the injuries issue, but as for the rest. 

No I don’t. Against the better sides in the league we struggle if we play a 4-4-2 with Bannan. History has shown we get outnumbered and bullied when people stop him from dictating play. 

So that means if we are serious about challenging for promotion, we need to go with a 4-3-3. As is stands the best options  to play along side Bazza are Hutch and Lee. Ok on paper looks good, were decent back in 2016 but still not quite good enough for promotion. Lee not played consistently in almost 2 years, asking a lot to rely on him (still not officially signed either yet btw). Hutch good player but again asking a lot for him to play 46 games without picking up injuries. Often goes off during games with injuries too which isn’t ideal. So you lose those two for a bit, who comes in Joey? Ok will do a job, but that’s all for me. Not spectacular and won’t control the game in midfield. Then who do we have? If we play a 4-3-3 we only have 4 proper midfielders in the squad. Ok can move Reach in there, then you lose his threat out wide where he operates best. Then we also lack strength in depth out wide, you have Harris who is 26 and has only ever managed to complete over 30 games in 1 season out of the 11 where he has been a professional. Yes you can move FF out wide, but in the past he’s kicked up a fuss about not being played centrally and again can he be relied on for a full season. Odubajo? He’s a full back by trade and again doesn’t carry much of a goal threat. 

Do you get my point? Nowhere near enough quality and strength in depth to challenge for promotion. You’re asking everyone to stay 100% fit, if injuries occur asking players to play in unnatural positions and you’re also asking players who don’t normally score many goals to have a wonder season. Asking an awful lot. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Have we appointed someone yet? :duntmatter:

I thought Rowett was nailed on. Just like Coleman; Pulis, Zola and Hughton before him. Time is ticking towards the start of the season. Terrible timing losing Bruce just before the season starts, looks like it's going to impact our season. Need to get the new man in asap.

Btw, why we talking about Leeds? They're serial bottlers. No matter who they appoint or sign, they always get carried away and still find a way of falling short and falling apart, when it matters... lol

Edited by The Night-Owl

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No I don’t. Against the better sides in the league we struggle if we play a 4-4-2 with Bannan. History has shown we get outnumbered and bullied when people stop him from dictating play. 

So that means if we are serious about challenging for promotion, we need to go with a 4-3-3. As is stands the best options  to play along side Bazza are Hutch and Lee. Ok on paper looks good, were decent back in 2016 but still not quite good enough for promotion. Lee not played consistently in almost 2 years, asking a lot to rely on him (still not officially signed either yet btw). Hutch good player but again asking a lot for him to play 46 games without picking up injuries. Often goes off during games with injuries too which isn’t ideal. So you lose those two for a bit, who comes in Joey? Ok will do a job, but that’s all for me. Not spectacular and won’t control the game in midfield. Then who do we have? If we play a 4-3-3 we only have 4 proper midfielders in the squad. Ok can move Reach in there, then you lose his threat out wide where he operates best. Then we also lack strength in depth out wide, you have Harris who is 26 and has only ever managed to complete over 30 games in 1 season out of the 11 where he has been a professional. 

Do you get my point? Nowhere near enough quality and strength in depth to challenge for promotion. You’re asking everyone to stay 100% fit and asking players who don’t normally score many goals to have a wonder season. Asking an awful lot. 

Yes I do get your point.. with a better manager we would have been promoted  2016  :biggrin:  u only have to look at Cardiff  team in bottom half of championship turned into a automatic promotion team