Bruce has asked for weekend to consider

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Think player recruitment is no longer the top priority now. 

May well miss out on Hector with Bruce leaving. 

You were blaming Chansiri and the finances for this one last week.

3 hours ago, Owls77 said:

Did you hear the interview, more as less says if clubs agree compensation he will be up that A1 like a rat up a drainpipe....

:Sid:

That’s the way I understood his comments. It’s just down to the two clubs to reach an agreement on the amount of compensation for his and probably his coaching team.

If it’s stipulated in the terms of his and his coaches contracts Newcastle need to either cough up or search elsewhere 

I really don’t see a different way of interpreting a different meaning.

Seems Bruce admits he hes been in talks for last 2 or 3 days. Some on here claimed no talks had taken place totally deluded. Bruce just carrying on with his track record of dumping clubs soon as a better offer comes in. Time for us to move and find someone worthy of managing this great club.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Craig enock said:

Again I know this site treats my sources with a bit of ridicule and that's fair enough .. but from what I've been told the negotiations regarding a fee for Bruce is verbally agreed . Bruce has told Newcastle he wants the weekend to consider.... he may turn this down .. 

I very much doubt any fee has been agreed but I'm 80% certain Bruce will be our manager come start of season. 

He'll announce within next 48 hours that Newcastle isn't the job for him despite them being his home town club. 

8 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Seems Bruce admits he hes been in talks for last 2 or 3 days. Some on here claimed no talks had taken place totally deluded. Bruce just carrying on with his track record of dumping clubs soon as a better offer comes in. Time for us to move and find someone worthy of managing this great club.

this is my fear - SB has a history of this, and you always hope your club is different.

If Ashley umming and arring whether to pay the compensation doesn't ring alarm bells for Bruce then I don't know what will. The bloke's so tight if he drops a quid it hits him on the back of the head.

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

If Ashley umming and arring whether to pay the compensation doesn't ring alarm bells for Bruce then I don't know what will. The bloke's so tight if he drops a quid it hits him on the back of the head.

Bruce believes Ashley will give him £50m+ to spend :duntmatter:

Just now, Skyline said:

If you aint comitted as a manager, you shouldn't be there.

This. 

I just don't see how it can work now if he was to stay. 

A few crap results and his lack of loyalty will be thrown right back at him. Things will get very toxic very quickly. 

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

Possibly.

It was rumoured that he will be on less at Necastle than he is with us - BUT, a big bonus for keeping them up.

That, to me, shows that Ashley has no intentions to give him a decent transfer budget. I know people say he's always wanted to manage them and was gutted when he turned it down last time, but this is the wrong time, by far, to take that job.

2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

After originally believing he would have to pay just £1m to snatch Bruce from the Championship club, Ashley has now been met with a demand for around £5m. He is not prepared to pay anywhere near that and is hoping Bruce will walk out, leaving both parties to haggle over the final terms.

Absolutely loving the fact Ashley thinks DC will budge an inch on compo. Hope the asset stripping wide boy gets milked for every single penny. And if Bruce does walk out, I hope we make him wait as long as possible before he can take up the post