Bruce has asked for weekend to consider

4 minutes ago, NYowl said:

If no compo has been agreed in 48 hrs wouldn't be surprised if he resigned from us and joined Newcastle anyway.

Think the compo would then need to be settled by some tribunal and past records show we wouldn't get much.

Presumably we would have to accept his resignation, and still be due compensation if he effectively quits to move directly into another job.

40 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

Again I know this site treats my sources with a bit of ridicule and that's fair enough .. but from what I've been told the negotiations regarding a fee for Bruce is verbally agreed . Bruce has told Newcastle he wants the weekend to consider.... he may turn this down .. 

That must have taken a lot of of imagination to come up with after hearing the interview. Congratulations. 

35 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

That goes against what SB said in his interview. Almost the opposite anyway.

would you trust anything SB said? He ranks alongside Jeremy Hunt and Boris Johnson now

4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

From what I gathered from his interview on SSN he said let's wait till after the weekend. I dont think HE is thinking about it. His mind is made up. Ashley and DC have to agree terms then he is off.

Worrying thing would be if the two supremos cannot agree terms and Ashley withdraws his offer, then where does that leave everybody else. 

Will Bruce resign?

Will DC sack him?

Will he be put on gardening leave without pay until his contract expires?

Will Bruce buy himself out of his contract?

Will the other 2 Steve's stay or go?

Just when we thought we were going to have a straightforward preseason and BOOM.

Given the past month or so I'm not sure anyone thought that to be fair! 

5 minutes ago, A12owl said:

From what I gathered from his interview on SSN he said let's wait till after the weekend. I dont think HE is thinking about it. His mind is made up. Ashley and DC have to agree terms then he is off.

Worrying thing would be if the two supremos cannot agree terms and Ashley withdraws his offer, then where does that leave everybody else. 

Will Bruce resign?

Will DC sack him?

Will he be put on gardening leave without pay until his contract expires?

Will Bruce buy himself out of his contract?

Just when we thought we were going to have a straightforward preseason and BOOM.

Sounds like Soap

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

In my view The interview, the weekend to take it all in, all words as part of an exit strategy to make it look a harder decision but he’s already made it. 

I think he may have left earlier had he been allowed but he’s had to face up to it a bit today before going. 

Absolutely, he wants to go and he’ll be off like a shot given chance. All else is noise and today was just an inconvenience he’d have rather avoided.

can someone help out on the legal status of Bruce should he resign 

is a manager registered with us as like a player ?  therefore cannot just take off and play / manage for someone else 

or is he just an employee whom we will have to take to court to achieve compensation?

in which case I suspect ashley will say resign I'll pay the court bill 

6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Will Bruce resign? No !

Will DC sack him? No !

Will he be put on gardening leave without pay until his contract expires? ha ha ha ha ha

Will Bruce buy himself out of his contract? ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, steelowl said:

can someone help out on the legal status of Bruce should he resign 

is a manager registered with us as like a player ?  therefore cannot just take off and play / manage for someone else 

or is he just an employee whom we will have to take to court to achieve compensation?

in which case I suspect ashley will say resign I'll pay the court bill 

We could either make him work his notice period, put him on gardening leave for the same period or let him walk away.  I think we know which of these options DC would chose

57 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

Again I know this site treats my sources with a bit of ridicule and that's fair enough .. but from what I've been told the negotiations regarding a fee for Bruce is verbally agreed . Bruce has told Newcastle he wants the weekend to consider.... he may turn this down .. 

This pasty biscuit really operates on his own schedule and no one else's.  Maddening.

48 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

Fair point , got half right (ish) I say what I'm told , sometimes it could be wrong . I just put it on here .. maybe I shouldn't.  But the guy I know is normally ok with stuff ... anyway I fully respect everyone on here . As for hector he is training with the under 23 at Chelsea.  He told them he wants to join us ... fingers crossed .. 

Half right ?..:wacko: