Bruce has asked for weekend to consider

Just now, Mycroft said:

And without?   I claim they they do have the potential.  And if Ashley stopped interfering and supported the manager they could still do it.

Not for me.

The top 6 are way ahead of them and the others.

To bridge that gap would take substantial investment and a complete rethink in approach.

As things stand, Newcastle are far, far more likely to be relegated than they are to break into the top 6. That will be the case for the foreseeable future. 

The likes of Leicester, Wolves, Everton are way ahead of them and I doubt any of those will have enough to bridge the gap. 

• Like 1

Just now, SiJ said:

Not for me.

The top 6 are way ahead of them and the others.

To bridge that gap would take substantial investment and a complete rethink in approach.

As things stand, Newcastle are far, far more likely to be relegated than they are to break into the top 6. That will be the case for the foreseeable future. 

The likes of Leicester, Wolves, Everton are way ahead of them and I doubt any of those will have enough to bridge the gap. 

At the moment you are probably right, but I'm going on potential with a decent board and the right management team they could break into that top six and stay there.

You name Wolves who have in a matter of a 2 or 3 seasons have transformed themselves if Newcastle could do the same then skys the limit.

My prediction is that Bruce will decide to stay after thinking it through this weekend.

He’d best buy the most humongus Humble Pie before he does though.

Followed by a “Why I couldn’t leave this massive club and wonderful fans” statement, with Mr C looking on intently, Collins book of PR in hand, giving Bruce the evils.

Edited by theowlsman

Got to feel for all those poor Newcastle fans tho, it must be absolutely terrible to finish mid table in the Premier League. Whilst other traditional ‘big clubs’ like ourselves Forest, Leeds, Derby etc have spent decades in the wilderness 

Would anybody have Mike Ashley here if it meant having to suffer the horrors of mid table in the Premier league?

11 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

And without?   I claim they they do have the potential.  And if Ashley stopped interfering and supported the manager they could still do it.

Which he won’t, and again he won’t, so they won’t.

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

My prediction is that Bruce will decide to stay after thinking it through this weekend.

He’d best buy the most humongus Humble Pie before he does though.

Followed by a “Why I couldn’t leave this massive club and wonderful fans” statement, with Mr C looking on intently, Collins book of PR in hand, giving Bruce the evils.

I also have a feeling he will stay - personally I think it’s the best chance we have of a very good season, as you say he really needs to handle it well though.

But a good run to start the season and most of our fanbase will overlook this little indiscretion.

(or he may decide to go) :duntmatter: 

• Like 1

Just now, Stoop said:

Got to feel for all those poor Newcastle fans tho, it must be absolutely terrible to finish mid table in the Premier League. Whilst other traditional ‘big clubs’ like ourselves Forest, Leeds, Derby etc have spent decades in the wilderness 

Would anybody have Mike Ashley here if it meant having to suffer the horrors of mid table in the Premier league?

No, he’s an obnoxious, southern, shandy drinker whose Sports Direct company sells crap fishing tackle by the way

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Maybe the admission of “out of respect” he spoke to Newcastle he knew it would anger fans and perhaps burn a few bridges. Short of resigning if the fans turn it forces the chairman’s hand in terms of letting him go.

Totally

He also said ‘it was only right that I go and talk’

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

No, he’s an obnoxious, southern, shandy drinker whose Sports Direct company sells crap fishing tackle by the way

They do fantastic Lonsdale tracksuits though 

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox

My guess is that if Ashley hasn't come through for him by tomorrow, Bruce will rule himself out of the running. As much as he wants that job, he'll also know this current situation can't continue - and Newcastle have left him in limbo. Ball is very much in Ashley's court....pay up, walk away, or Bruce will have to make the decision. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

My guess is that if Ashley hasn't come through for him by tomorrow, Bruce will rule himself out of the running. As much as he wants that job, he'll also know this current situation can't continue - and Newcastle have left him in limbo. Ball is very much in Ashley's court....pay up, walk away, or Bruce will have to make the decision. 

100% agree.

My concern is will he be forgiven and still have the desire for us? 

Can you imagine if he stays here a we start the season badly... all hell will break loose! 

One thing he would have had with us before this debacle is time! He no longer has that luxury either with us or Newcastle!

He really has shot himself in the foot! 

I feel for him slightly though as the media make it impossible these day's. 

I honestly have a feeling he will end up staying, how he comes back from this time will tell but a good start would be to distance himself from them, start making the right noises and getting us ready for the upcoming promotion push.

I don't think it's to late to turn this around but it's very much in his hands now.

Potentially, he's mad a right rod for his own back.

If the two parties don't reach agreement then his options are to stay or resign...but then the latter isn't straightforward.