Bruce has asked for weekend to consider

Guest Theboylangers
1 minute ago, EveryWednesday said:

What damage?

If he turns Newcastle down to stay with Wednesday then what's the problem?

Where did I say there was a problem? 

FF refused to get on the coach a couple of years ago and fans still use it as a stick to beat him with. 

What I am saying is there will be a section of the fan base (what percentage I'm not sure) that won't forgive him if he stays. 

Human nature, if fans feel he has disrespected our club, they might not let it go. 

"I choose to go to Newcastle  over this weekend and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of my energies and skills, because that challenge is one that  I am willing to accept,"

Not without coughing up the compo it isn't! 

Edited by owls-swfc

1 minute ago, Theboylangers said:

Where did I say there was a problem? 

FF refused to get on the coach a couple of years ago and fans still use it as a stick to beat him with. 

What I am saying is there will be a section of the fan base (what percentage I'm not sure) that won't forgive him if he stays. 

Human nature, if fans feel he has disrespected our club, they might not let it go. 

Fair enough, i also fear that if he chooses to stay (though I think the signs are he is off to NUFC) certain fans will trat him as a Judas, when in reality a prem club comes in and any managers head is turned. Doesn't mean he can't still do the job and deserve support if he then stays.

I think you comparison with the FF situation at Norwich is a bit off, however. Bruce has done nothing that is unprofessional, FF deserves to be derided for trying to force a move through childish petulance. I lost a lot of respect for FF after that. I don't blame Bruce for considering a premier league job. Sucks for us though

2 hours ago, Craig enock said:

Again I know this site treats my sources with a bit of ridicule and that's fair enough .. but from what I've been told the negotiations regarding a fee for Bruce is verbally agreed . Bruce has told Newcastle he wants the weekend to consider.... he may turn this down .. 

So we have to waste another week preparing for the start of the season ? Or looking on the plus side, it gives us time to prepare an offer for a replacement, preferrably one who wants to stay a while.

2 hours ago, Ronio said:

Conflicting stories coming out.  

Bruce asks for the weekend when in fact it gives Mike Ashley the weekend to decide whether he will cough up the compo.

Bruce I think has already decided.  Otherwise he wouldn't have gone for talks earlier in the week. 

He says it's all happened in a couple of days.  But I reckon he and his agent will have been well informed of what was going on well before it became public.  

Guest Theboylangers
2 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

Trouble is, damage may already be done amongst the fan base.

In fact, you only need to read various threads and opinions on here to prove that a fair number of our fans aren't happy with Bruce. 

For instance, read Blue and White's thread 'Out of Respect'. 

Edited by Theboylangers
Thread name wrong

10 minutes ago, folger said:

We aren't all about to die of plauge or march head on into German bullets. They're comparatively good times.

OK, wasn't aware we had to grade our levels of happiness in comparison to times of war.

Besides, in terms of good times I thought we were referring to Wednesday!

2 hours ago, steelowl said:

can someone help out on the legal status of Bruce should he resign 

is a manager registered with us as like a player ?  therefore cannot just take off and play / manage for someone else 

or is he just an employee whom we will have to take to court to achieve compensation?

in which case I suspect ashley will say resign I'll pay the court bill 

DC could sue SB for breach of contract and Ashley for inciting a breach of contract.

• Thanks 1