Bruce has asked for weekend to consider

If I was Bruce right now and I was thinking Ashley may not put up the cash DC's asking for, this is exactly the kind of rumour I'd want putting out there as it gives him a potential path back into our fans' good books - he can say he thought about it, but in the end couldn't turn down the chance to continue what he'd started here (or some such yarn).

Conflicting stories coming out.  

Bruce asks for the weekend when in fact it gives Mike Ashley the weekend to decide whether he will cough up the compo.

Bruce I think has already decided.  Otherwise he wouldn't have gone for talks earlier in the week. 

17 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

Again I know this site treats my sources with a bit of ridicule and that's fair enough .. but from what I've been told the negotiations regarding a fee for Bruce is verbally agreed . Bruce has told Newcastle he wants the weekend to consider.... he may turn this down .. 

Cheers Craig. I don’t think compo was as much of an issue as made out ie Newcastle would always need to end up paying once they found out the amount and it wouldn’t be as high as the reports of 5m (I wish).

But even if he’s asked for the weekend I can’t see him turning it down from this point.

8 minutes ago, cowl said:

If I was Bruce right now and I was thinking Ashley may not put up the cash DC's asking for, this is exactly the kind of rumour I'd want putting out there as it gives him a potential path back into our fans' good books - he can say he thought about it, but in the end couldn't turn down the chance to continue what he'd started here (or some such yarn).

If he wanted a path back into our fans good books he'd have been well advised not to say what he did in his interview after the Lincoln match today.

Guest Theboylangers
11 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Fans are fickle , win games and we soon forget.

It's a very fair point. 

If he stays against the odds and has us in the top 2 after 10 games, this will be a distant memory. However, if he stays and has a shocker, the knives will be out saying his heart isn't in it. 

I'm not the type to forgive and forget though and I suspect it would be like the FF situation all over again. 

:duntmatter:

In my view The interview, the weekend to take it all in, all words as part of an exit strategy to make it look a harder decision but he’s already made it. 

I think he may have left earlier had he been allowed but he’s had to face up to it a bit today before going. 

21 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

Fair point , got half right (ish) I say what I'm told , sometimes it could be wrong . I just put it on here .. maybe I shouldn't.  But the guy I know is normally ok with stuff ... anyway I fully respect everyone on here . As for hector he is training with the under 23 at Chelsea.  He told them he wants to join us ... fingers crossed .. 

player manager? WTF:

• Haha 1