Bruce has asked for weekend to consider

If he really is having second thoughts, then his interview yesterday was a MASSIVE error of judgement. The final words stuck with me; "I am the manager of Sheffield Wednesday, and I have to respect that". In other words, I'm here, but don't really want to be. Bye Steve, it could have been special, but you've burned your bridges now. 

46 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

And without?   I claim they they do have the potential.  And if Ashley stopped interfering and supported the manager they could still do it.

Before all this chaos with our manager, I had them down as a bottom six club at best. Irrespective who takes over. Compared to other squads, they don't have the talent to compete week in week out. Hard work will get them so far, but where will their goals come from. Their main striker played in the championship last season and there is no guarantee of investment from the current or next owner.

If had spare 10er I'd be having it on them to get relegated,  11/4 seems quite generous.

Perhaps Bruce just doesn't want to work for Mr Chansiri? He is a very unique individual. Or he thinks the team will struggle and is getting out before he's boo'd out. Maybe it is the chance to manage his boyhood team, we may never know. I hope Mr Chansiri has learned something from having such a seasoned manager in charge for a while. Feels like the season is over before it has started but I wish the 3 Steve's all the best and thank them for hopefully showing our chairman what is needed to get out of this league. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

100% agree.

My concern is will he be forgiven and still have the desire for us? 

Can you imagine if he stays here a we start the season badly... all hell will break loose! 

One thing he would have had with us before this debacle is time! He no longer has that luxury either with us or Newcastle!

He really has shot himself in the foot! 

I feel for him slightly though as the media make it impossible these day's. 

That's his bed and he has to lie in it.  Personally, I see it like this.  He's happy here, always said that.  A big fish came sniffing and he looked up.  If that big fish swims away I believe we still have the best manager we've had for almost 20 years and I for one would be glad of that.

I want him to stay.

Just now, swinners said:

That's his bed and he has to lie in it.  Personally, I see it like this.  He's happy here, always said that.  A big fish came sniffing and he looked up.  If that big fish swims away I believe we still have the best manager we've had for almost 20 years and I for one would be glad of that.

I want him to stay.

and are you willing to give him time still? 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

My guess is that if Ashley hasn't come through for him by tomorrow, Bruce will rule himself out of the running. As much as he wants that job, he'll also know this current situation can't continue - and Newcastle have left him in limbo. Ball is very much in Ashley's court....pay up, walk away, or Bruce will have to make the decision. 

Aye, either have a dump or get off the f..in  pot is what you are saying!

10 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Price Ashley out please DC. If Ashley walks away Bruce will stay n carry on as normal 

will it be as normal ?

not sure I can be mature about this tbh  I feel his head and heart are elsewhere and so is mine 

57 minutes ago, steelowl said:

will it be as normal ?

not sure I can be mature about this tbh  I feel his head and heart are elsewhere and so is mine 

If they don't want him how can his heart be elsewhere. 

14 hours ago, ANDY said:

good article from one of Bruces friends....

Read this earlier on twitter. 

It does make you think why Bruce seems so desperate to go after reading that. 

He’d be going there on less money albeit with a decent bonus for keeping them up. He’s got next to no money to spend with a very poor team likely to go down. The fans don’t want him there and will let him know they. The fans are already protesting against Arsenal and Bruce joining them will only make the protests worse. He’s on a hiding to nothing, I just don’t get it.