Bruce has asked for weekend to consider

2 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I think what it will come down to effectively is whether Mike Ashley is willing to pay the FULL compensation owed to us.  If I answer that question, I don't think Mike Ashley will.  I think he thinks that he can use the pull of Premier League football, money, , Newcastle being Bruce's boyhood club as well as the fact they are Newcastle.  He thinks he can throw his weight around expecting us to cave in.  I can't DC budging whatsoever and why should he.  Why we should we have to ruin our preseason and some would argue our season is at stake.  Have a bad start and there goes your season. 

Therefore to conclude all this nonsense, it may very well end in a stalemate, meaning Bruce will stay.  

I agree in so far as I can't see Chansiri caving in, but I just hope this whole saga doesn't have a negative impact on our start to the season, whatever the final outcome.

We're three weeks away from the start of the season with a half-finished squad and we need some certainty, one way or the other. If Ashley doesn't cough up the money in the next 24 hours, I'd want Chansiri to shut the whole thing down and tell Bruce to crack on with the job at hand.

It simply can't be allowed to drag on any closer to the big kick-off.

Guest gizowl

Simple, he wants to go,but he's not sure that Ashley's prepared to pay necessary compensation to get him and also knows that while he's trying to haggle compensation fee will still be looking for a freebie alternative, but Bruce still wants to work for the horrible towat, what a fool.

8 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I think what it will come down to effectively is whether Mike Ashley is willing to pay the FULL compensation owed to us.  If I answer that question, I don't think Mike Ashley will.  I think he thinks that he can use the pull of Premier League football, money, , Newcastle being Bruce's boyhood club as well as the fact they are Newcastle.  He thinks he can throw his weight around expecting us to cave in.  I can't DC budging whatsoever and why should he.  Why we should we have to ruin our preseason and some would argue our season is at stake.  Have a bad start and there goes your season. 

Therefore to conclude all this nonsense, it may very well end in a stalemate, meaning Bruce will stay.  

Maybe I missed it but where are all the trophies which signify big club status?

In spite of all that investment, what have they won in the last 50 years?

Barring that InterToto thingy, they've won no more than Sheffield United.

I can understand his wanting to manage his boyhood club, and they're in the PL (as are the Blades), but they're no Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal. They're not a Villa, and Everton or a Spurs.

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I agree in so far as I can't see Chansiri caving in, but I just hope this whole saga doesn't have a negative impact on our start to the season, whatever the final outcome.

We're three weeks away from the start of the season with a half-finished squad and we need some certainty, one way or the other. If Ashley doesn't cough up the money in the next 24 hours, I'd want Chansiri to shut the whole thing down and tell Bruce to crack on with the job at hand.

It simply can't be allowed to drag on any closer to the big kick-off.

Agree, the sooner we can put this to bed whether Bruce stays or goes, the better.

The title of the thread should really read 'Ashley has the weekend to decide if he will pay the full compensation amount for Steve Bruce'.

35 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

It's the media that's trying to push this deal through to save face. Steve Bruce will stay.    UTO

Hi Kev. I often take note of your posts as you seem to have some genuine knowledge surrounding swfc matters. Has DC got Stendel lined up if SB goes?

8 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Maybe I missed it but where are all the trophies which signify big club status?

In spite of all that investment, what have they won in the last 50 years?

Barring that InterToto thingy, they've won no more than Sheffield United.

I can understand his wanting to manage his boyhood club, and they're in the PL (as are the Blades), but they're no Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal. They're not a Villa, and Everton or a Spurs.

I agree with everything that you have said.  Try telling them that.  

47 minutes ago, steelowl said:

all due respects that seems countered by quotes from Bruce 

We will see , again mate I'm genuinely just passing on what I've been told ... take it with a pinch of salt or bear it in mind ... up to you 

34 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Agreed I think DC has basically said here's what you need to pay take it or leave it and dont bother calling back unless it's to agree to these terms.

I do also think that Bruce is possibly having doubts beacuse of the current situation at NUFC and knows just how precarious his position there will be

1 minute ago, stumps said:

Agreed I think DC has basically said here's what you need to pay take it or leave it and dont bother calling back unless it's to agree to these terms.

I do also think that Bruce is possibly having doubts beacuse of the current situation at NUFC and knows just how precarious his position there will be

His positions getting a bit precarious here too. 

2 hours ago, Craig enock said:

Again I know this site treats my sources with a bit of ridicule and that's fair enough .. but from what I've been told the negotiations regarding a fee for Bruce is verbally agreed . Bruce has told Newcastle he wants the weekend to consider.... he may turn this down .. 

That contradicts what Bruce said today 

3 minutes ago, Owling said:

His positions getting a bit precarious here too. 

It is but there seems to be plenty happy to give him a chance there are many up in Newcastle, inc MA, who aren't. 

Personally think he's put himself between a rock and a hard place.

7 minutes ago, folger said:

Are people really leaving owlstalk over the cover of a book by a former Breitbart writer? It's true what they say, good times create weak men. 

When were they, I must have missed them!

WTF: