Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Non story from Sky on a slow news day, even the headline in bright yellow offers nothing but speculation,

Breaking News, somebody might be going somewhere for someone, maybe, possibly soon.

As bad as the Pogba vs Lingard video from this morning. 

I honestly cant see him going at this point in pre season no matter what anyone says.

It's not all about money in some cases (and that's coming from someone who is all about money).

We shall see.

Pretty calm on this one.

Like Bruce and I doubt Newcastle are in for him, but if they do then Chris Houghton is the obvious replacement. He plays football the right way, just as likely to get us up as Bruce, and is available. We'll also be quids in thanks to the compensation from Bruce, which might help us with P&S/improve the squad.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

Despite thinking Bruce is probably the right manager for us in our current division and situation, I just can’t see why a club like Newcastle would want him in theirs. It doesn’t stack up for me, hopefully it’s just bull.

Just now, Spookone said:

I honestly cant see him going at this point in pre season no matter what anyone says.

It's not all about money in some cases (and that's coming from someone who is all about money).

We shall see.

Simon Jordan doesn't paint the picture of Bruce being a loyal manager.

Tbf that was a long time ago. But Newcastle is Bruce's boyhood club and with our current state, it's a massive step up 

Having said all that ... 

IT's A SMOKESCREEN OR SUMMAT! The geordehs want Sheera Sheera.jpg.2c0282864e82835fef3292a5ff5e275f.jpg

6 minutes ago, newbster said:

He is contracted to us so we could just refuse permission for him to speak to them

While in theory we could do that in practice we wouldn't be able to.
If Newcastle want Bruce and he wants to go apart from trying to wrangle another million for compensation not a lot we could do.

My money is on Newcastle wanting a more glamourous appointment then Bruce.

There would have to be two factors that would be necessary for Newcastle to go for Bruce

A) Mike Ashley would have to pay substantial compensation, which he is adverse to do,

or 

B) SB walks as we are in a really big mess over FFP.

Newcastle can get rodded 

still honestly believe they’ll go elsewhere, probs a scare tactic to push someone else into accepting , also will add Bruce is a bit of a daft un if he goes to work got Ashley or any of his entourage