Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Just now, Kanye West said:

After everything he went through last year and finally seeming to get settled, I can't really see why he'd have any intention of leaving.

I reckon the millions of pounds and managing in the Prem might just sway it.

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Does the announcement of Westwood signing have anything to do with Bruce being named booking favourite for the Newcastle job.

Maybe the manager has had enough of the messing around at the club with embargo's, accounts, shirts, preseason, new contracts, new signing strengthening the squad.

Maybe they have had an ultimatum from the manager or maybe they have not but the timing seems a little to convenient.

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

We’ve all seen, from afar, how tight Ashley has been with Newcastle.

I’ll be stunned if he’s willing to pay to prize Bruce away. Nothing in Ashley’s time suggests he’ll pay any more than he needs to to fill the vacancy.

He is only interested in the club avoiding relegation and protecting their value for the eventual sale. There’s survival experts like Tony Pulis available on a free. Safe hands

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I reckon the millions of pounds and managing in the Prem might just sway it.

Do you genuinely think Newcastle would offer much, if anything at all more than he's on here?

Don't get why after the grief he had at Villa he'd put himself in a job where the environment is so toxic.

If Newcastle are serious about Bruce he’d get the chance to trade in Championship football at a club who are wrestling with FFP and play in front of 25k each week for Premier League football at his home town club playing in front of 60k a week.

As much as I want to believe he’d turn them down, let’s be honest it’s a no brainer and he’ll go.

I just hope that his stint at Villa will have put Newcastle off and they’ll look elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

Do you genuinely think Newcastle would offer much, if anything at all more than he's on here?

Don't get why after the grief he had at Villa he'd put himself in a job where the environment is so toxic.

Benitez was on £4m a year apparently. Pretty good reason. 

1 minute ago, Herb said:

We’ve all seen, from afar, how tight Ashley has been with Newcastle.

I’ll be stunned if he’s willing to pay to prize Bruce away. Nothing in Ashley’s time suggests he’ll pay any more than he needs to to fill the vacancy.

He is only interested in the club avoiding relegation and protecting their value for the eventual sale. There’s survival experts like Tony Pulis available on a free. Safe hands

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

Newcastle are very reluctant to spend money on transfers but in my opinion Ashley is the opposite when it comes to managers. He gave Pardew that multi million pound blockbuster 6 year contract wasn't it? Also Benitez was paid very very well and part of the reason he stuck around. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

I'm baffled as to why Newcastle would want him. 

But assuming they do, which is a big assumption, I'm also baffled by people who are sure he'd stay at Hillsborough.

I think it's something to talk about on here following weeks of talking about nothing. 

It's called 'White van man syndrome'. You get a delivery from a driver, he ends up telling you all about his life because he misses adult company.

I don't think he's go though. They'd hate him at St James'. Half the crowd would be on his back from the start, the other half would be on his back  after a few games. Then someone will throw a vegetable at him. 

The only reason we don't mind him being the ex manager from the wrong side of the city, is because we looked like the blind leading the blind until his appointment. 

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Benitez was on £4m a year apparently. Pretty good reason. 

Ashley may not have backed Benetez too often in the transfer market but he certainly put money in his pocket. 

As mentioned above you have to think if they are serious he will go. The only way he stays is if this is a non story. 

1 minute ago, Retired Owls Fan said:

I think it's something to talk about on here following weeks of talking about nothing. 

It's called 'White van man syndrome'. You get a delivery from a driver, he ends up telling you all about his life because he misses adult company.

I don't think he's go though. They'd hate him at St James'. Half the crowd would be on his back from the start, the other half would be on his back  after a few games. Then someone will throw a vegetable at him. 

The only reason we don't mind him being the ex manager from the wrong side of the city, is because we looked like the blind leading the blind until his appointment. 

Money doesn't just talk - it screams very loudly, then handcuffs people and throws them in the back of  van.  If they want him, he'll go.