Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

To put this in perspective if it was a million to one for me to fly to the moon and do a duet with Elvis and Elon Musk stuck a billion on it the odds would tumble, there still be no Are You Lonesome Tonight in space though.

3 hours ago, Rogers said:

Are they gonna pay out before anyone’s appointed? Paddy Power are good at that. 

Who would you want if he did leave? I wouldn’t mind Chris Houghton

I don't think Bruce would ditch us after the way DC respectfully allowed him to have time off before he took charge? I wouldn't be surprised to see Newcastle re-appointing someone like Chris Houghton or going for someone similar also out of work like Houghton?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

To put this in perspective if it was a million to one for me to fly to the moon and do a duet with Elvis and Elon Musk stuck a billion on it the odds would tumble, there still be no Are You Lonesome Tonight in space though.

Thanks for putting it into perspective. Very clear now.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I can’t see it myself. Having said that Carvahal went to Swansea, Laws went to Burnley and Hockaday went to Leeds so anything is possible. 

Hahaha that was brilliant!

Thanks for reminding me of that cheered me up a little bit.  

10 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

I don't think Bruce would ditch us after the way DC respectfully allowed him to have time off before he took charge? I wouldn't be surprised to see Newcastle re-appointing someone like Chris Houghton or going for someone similar also out of work like Houghton?

Someone similar to Houghton like Houghton??

• Haha 2

Just messaged Steve Bruce.

me: Hi Steve any truth in the rumours about you going to Newcastle ?

SB: Hi Hookie where did you get this from ?

me: There's a 12 page thread on owlstalk about it.

SB: I've told you before don't believe anything you read on owlstalk in the close season lol

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Let's be honest, if Bruce was asked he would be off like a shot. Yes, we showed understanding to him with his need for time off, but it's ridiculous to think he would turn down a top division side, with higher wages, no transfer embargo / FFP threat out of loyalty. 

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Let's be honest, if Bruce was asked he would be off like a shot. Yes, we showed understanding to him with his need for time off, but it's ridiculous to think he would turn down a top division side, with higher wages, no transfer embargo / FFP threat out of loyalty. 

Aye but it seems whoever takes charge will be under pressure straight away. They will have little to spend in top flight terms, transfers could be out of their hands, the Newcastle fan base are still feeling dejected over losing Rafa and not being taken over... Just seems until they get sold and taken over a difficult job and poisoned chalice or something?

Newcastle’s appointment of Rafa trolled their fans as they thought the penny had dropped and Ashley had ambition but his ambition is to keep the club mid table and sell when he gets the right bid. Or just keep them there, maybe throw in a relegation and promotion again to amuse himself. He’s really not bothered.

I keep hearing that they can’t go from Rafa to Steve Bruce. Well they can because that’s the market Ashley typically operates in and Rafa wasn’t as good as they made out either otherwise his only offer wouldn’t be in China.

Guest everydays_wednesday

Newcastle fans tho....completely unrealistic as ever. They genuinely think Mourinho and Mbappe are actual targets..!!

51 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The Newcastle lads I know are pretty much puking up at the idea of Bruce. 

5 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

Newcastle fans tho....completely unrealistic as ever. They genuinely think Mourinho and Mbappe are actual targets..!!

This