Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Just now, S36 OWL said:

There is no loyalty in football anymore , its all about money.

I have absolutely no idea if any of this rumour has validity 

BUT I'd love to know what was promised to Bruce and whether it's been broken

Guest Bulgaria
16 minutes ago, Skyline said:

But taking the Newcastle job would be crazy at this stage.

Not when offered a pay packet that would double your current one. Steve's Bruce's stock I would say is quite good right now, if he fails with us, I highly doubt he would get the opportunity to manage in the premiership again 

Just now, steelowl said:

I have absolutely no idea if any of this rumour has validity 

BUT I'd love to know what was promised to Bruce and whether it's been broken

Tbf, didn't get told (when he signed) that there was no budget?

I don't think we promised him millions to spend.

58 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

If he was offered the job, I’m sure he would be tempted but the fact that he’s already started the rebuild and Chansiri was very good with him before he started here makes me think he’ll stay. I can’t imagine who we’d get if he left?

Simon Jordan doesn't paint the picture of Bruce being a loyal manager.

Tbf that was a long time ago. But Newcastle is Bruce's boyhood club and with our current state, it's a massive step up 

Having said all that, I expect Newcastle to go down the fashionable foreigner route 

5 minutes ago, WadsleyOwl said:

Chris Hughton’s available 

Doubt we'd get him. More likely an unknown again like Jos. 

If Bruce left it would set us back a year minimum and drain a lot of the enthusiasm he had built back up from the fans. We'd also lose his knowledge and connections. Lets be honest who out there is feasibly better. It'd be a disaster for us if he left. I don't trust that Chansiri would have the ability to find someone as good or better. 

26 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I'm considering calling up Caroline Flack to see if she fancies coming out for a few beers with me.

I'll let her know when she's out of the shower.

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

If Bruce left it would set us back a year minimum and drain a lot of the enthusiasm he had built back up from the fans. We'd also lose his knowledge and connections. Lets be honest who out there is feasibly better. It'd be a disaster for us if he left. I don't trust that Chansiri would have the ability to find someone as good or better. 

100% this. 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

There is no loyalty in football anymore , its all about money.

For sure yes although when I hear Bruce talk about the club and it being his last job, his relationship with Chansiri etc.. I can't see Chansiri allowing him to talk to them 

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

More likely the Lincoln City manager. 

28 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I'm considering calling up Caroline Flack to see if she fancies coming out for a few beers with me.

Because a wealthy Premier League club trying to poach a mid-table Championship club's manager is exactly the same as some random ugly c*nt from Sheffield trying to pull a glamorous TV presenter.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

Bruce gaining a 3 year contract at Newcastle on much more favourable terms than at Wednesday surely that would entice him to leave. Knowing that even if he has a bad start he will be paid out for the full term of his contract.