Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

True. I just can't see SSN running a big feature on it based on betting alone. They have a betting company themselves so would not be creating news stories based solely on that surely? 

It's not been a big feature, it's behind Sturridge's stolen dog, the way Pogba appeared to look at Lingard, and some other w*nk stories. At best, it's been a filler about how Bruce could go to Newcastle because they want a manager, Bruce managed Sunderland, Bruce is from the North East, and his odds are short (but still way out for something "close").

Ashley is in full on thrift mode at the moment and someone like Bruce may

not be popular at first but he’s a good talker and a Geordie and he’d probably have a better rapport than say McLaren or Pardew. 

However, as DC would make him pay a decent wedge of compo that doesn’t fit with thrift mode.

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I can’t see it myself. Having said that Carvahal went to Swansea, Laws went to Burnley and Hockaday went to Leeds so anything is possible. 

He's rejected Newcastle twice before.

I can't see anything different with the club now which would change Bruce's mind.

Also, Bruce is currently employed and Ashley never hires an already employed manager.

8 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

True. I just can't see SSN running a big feature on it based on betting alone. They have a betting company themselves so would not be creating news stories based solely on that surely? 

A company with a subsidiary betting company not making stories for profit :Chansiri:

Why don't they go for Bielsa or Wilder instead? :ph34r:

Wouldn't be surprised if it were some of their fans putting money on it too wind us up? Like when we vote on player awards or goal awards, etc? lol

I'm still convinced even though there's no loyalty in the game anymore and money talks, that this is different? It will have meant a lot to Bruce and his family, the way DC allowed Bruce to have time off before taking charge? Reading quotes from Bruce and his son, it meant a lot to them. I would think he'd like to repay that faith, patience and respect by getting the job done here and would at least expect him to see out his first full season in charge, regardless of P&S matters? 

Hopefully Newcastle will appoint within or go for a out of work merry-go-round type of manager? Because until Ashley sells up, that job is a difficult job.

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Bookies do it all the time (Sky more than most), lower big odds to a still tempting lower price and watch all the people start having a quick dabble on the decent odds cause “someone must know summat” then they lower everywhere as other bookmakers react to cover themselves just in case.

Happens in horse racing, often a 40/1 shot called Abdiscolt suddenly shortens into 5/1, somebody must know summat punters back it down to 9/4 then 6/4 then evens, then turns out horse has 3 legs and pulls up on 1st circuit. It’s a gamble on the bookies part but if they start to get nervous in play they’ll just lay the horse off to minimise any losses. 

2 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

I'm considering calling up Caroline Flack to see if she fancies coming out for a few beers with me.

Only a few though mate otherwise it'll be Caroline Slack!

• Haha 1

Also regarding bookies odds we were 1/10 to sign Rhodes the night before he signed for Boro, I woke up next morning flicked on my IPad and thought, should be done now and been announced at one of our infamous 1:30am press releases. 

Low and and behold there was a pic of him holding up a Boro shirt

Talked to a couple of newcastle fans and said they wouldn't want Bruce, they want to aim higher than just a manager that keeps them a float. Sounds about right but Ashley does want out as well so I'm 50/50.

As well you've got to look at the bigger picture I think they will go for a higher profile manager for the size of Newcastle. Hope I'm right, would be annoying to see Bruce leave 

5 minutes ago, superowls23 said:

Also regarding bookies odds we were 1/10 to sign Rhodes the night before he signed for Boro, I woke up next morning flicked on my IPad and thought, should be done now and been announced at one of our infamous 1:30am press releases. 

Low and and behold there was a pic of him holding up a Boro shirt

We just never learn from these "prophecies" do we ?

WTF:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mardy Bum said:

Talked to a couple of newcastle fans and said they wouldn't want Bruce, they want to aim higher than just a manager that keeps them a float. Sounds about right but Ashley does want out as well so I'm 50/50.

As well you've got to look at the bigger picture I think they will go for a higher profile manager for the size of Newcastle. Hope I'm right, would be annoying to see Bruce leave 

The Newcastle lads I know are pretty much puking up at the idea of Bruce. 

• Haha 2