Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I don't want to blame dc for Bruce going. It will be his choice to make if offered the job. But, I'm sure the embargo will be a significant factor that sways him towards Newcastle. Chansiri hasn't been able to resolve that issue - at least not in time to stop it hampering recruitment. Bruce always said that he wouldn't be here if he didn't think we could compete. He'll look at our squad under embargo and know we're short. 

This. Takes me back to the Nixon tweet about player valuations too. Wouldn’t be surprised if Bruce is frustrated with the embargo and recruitment. At the moment his hands are tied and he can’t shape the squad so it is able to compete for promotion. Which is the chairman and the clubs aim. 

If he goes, he can’t be blamed. The blame lies at the top for getting us into the financial mess in the first place. 

Just now, 1993swfc said:

If Bruce tells Chansiri he wants the Newcastle job. Then just get this sorted quickly. Hughton is an ideal replacement, couple of promotions on his CV.  

I just hope we don’t spend another week trying to haggle thinking we are holding Newcastle off just for it to happen anyway and we end up shooting ourselves in the foot.  

If he goes , preseason is ruined anyway , play hard ball for me 

Why does everything always have to be so chuffing binary?  If Bruce is good, Chansiri is bad.  If Leicester are underhanded, Wednesday did nothing wrong.  Or vice versa. 

If Bruce leaves at this point in pre-season, it would show a dispiriting lack of loyalty.  But DC has also shown a dispiriting lack of competence since day 1 of his involvement with the club.  Both of these things are true. 

So right now all we have is a bunch of mugs betting on it because other mugs are betting on it causing the odds to drop and encourage more mugs to bet on it, another twitter storm whipped up by semi literate attention seekers & the ever present owlstalk doom-mongers revelling in the misery of others.

seems solid.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

If Bruce tells Chansiri he wants the Newcastle job. Then just get this sorted quickly. Hughton is an ideal replacement, couple of promotions on his CV.  

I just hope we don’t spend another week trying to haggle thinking we are holding Newcastle off just for it to happen anyway and we end up shooting ourselves in the foot.  

I'd have no problem with Hughton - I think we'd be a good fit.

Just now, owlinexile said:

Why does everything always have to be so chuffing binary?  If Bruce is good, Chansiri is bad.  If Leicester are underhanded, Wednesday did nothing wrong.  Or vice versa. 

If Bruce leaves at this point in pre-season, it would show a dispiriting lack of loyalty.  But DC has also shown a dispiriting lack of competence since day 1 of his involvement with the club.  Both of these things are true. 

Only in a binary way.....1326397880_tenor(27).gif.8387f30b0d2830d4f8bef99a16e2d945.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

1. Not good admittedly but seemingly done to try and sort the ground sale, which otherwise the soft embargo would be a full embargo

2. Think you actually have to receive bids in order to sell a player. Norwich taking the pee trying to get Rhodes for nothing and who has made a decent offer for Joao?

3. Channsiri and co managed to get Hector in the first place, before Bruce was here, I am sure we have worked on bringing him back, if he goes elsewhere that is his choice.

4. Do you think Bruce would have joined in the first place if that was in his contract?

5. Bad times

A ground sale needed due to Chansiri's mad buying policies, which means no clubs will bid realistically for our has beens on such mega wages (and Abdi cost us £8 million gross).

Meanwhile, we tell Vardy at £5 million to do one and buy Van Aken instead of McGuire.

And the Chairman's advisors for this are still here and stopping Bruce trade. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This. Takes me back to the Nixon tweet about player valuations too. Wouldn’t be surprised if Bruce is frustrated with the embargo and recruitment. At the moment his hands are tied and he can’t shape the squad so it is able to compete for promotion. Which is the chairman and the clubs aim. 

If he goes, he can’t be blamed. The blame lies at the top for getting us into the financial mess in the first place. 

That's testicles Sal tbf. If he wanted out for those reasons, he'd be walking out. He wants out because it's Newcastle coming for him.

I reckon a lot of people would do the same for their club. It's just a bit annoying after we wasted months waiting for him.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bruce knew what he was getting himself into when he signed for us. We were in an embargo last summer and at around the time that Jos was sacked Chansiri very publicly stated that we could be in worse trouble this summer.

When Bruce came in - after Chansiri had done what many other Chairman wouldn't in allowing him a month off before starting the job mid-season - he stated he knew he didn't have funds to work with. 

If he stays then great but if he goes all this talk of being hampered by finances is just an excuse - one that he has used before and one that he will undoubtedly be able to call upon again under Mike Ashley's leadership. 

It seems amazing that Bruce keeps signing himself up to jobs like this.......