Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Are you really so naive to think. They don’t have sources ?  Agents, players with contacts in every sport?

wow

Nope. I don't think they do.

Why would people tell them? Do they get a payoff? 

I think the odds are purely controlled by betting patterns.

Maybe they do know all...i just have seen at first hand how odds can fluctuate hugely due to betting patterns.

Happens in match betting all the time during horse races...everyday.

I've seen horses cone in from 20-1 to evens in the space of an hour just because that horses odds were closely matched with the exchange price and thousands of match betters were betting on it.

It came last.

Guest wilyfox

I don't want to blame dc for Bruce going. It will be his choice to make if offered the job. But, I'm sure the embargo will be a significant factor that sways him towards Newcastle. Chansiri hasn't been able to resolve that issue - at least not in time to stop it hampering recruitment. Bruce always said that he wouldn't be here if he didn't think we could compete. He'll look at our squad under embargo and know we're short. 

1 minute ago, fred mciver said:

Spot on. After all, look what Chansiri's done for us this Summer -

1. Filed accounts on time and with big profit so no embargo, soft or otherwise

2. Raised mega dosh via surplus sales of Rhodes and Joao providing cash for top player purchases and slashing wage bill

3. Bought Hector from Chelsea, a top midfield cruncher , fast , tricky winger and 2 flying full backs for top 2 challenge

4. Signed Steve on an iron - clad contract with £30 million buy out clause

5. Got shirts here on time

Bruce , how could you ever consider leaving us.

1. Not good admittedly but seemingly done to try and sort the ground sale, which otherwise the soft embargo would be a full embargo

2. Think you actually have to receive bids in order to sell a player. Norwich taking the pee trying to get Rhodes for nothing and who has made a decent offer for Joao?

3. Channsiri and co managed to get Hector in the first place, before Bruce was here, I am sure we have worked on bringing him back, if he goes elsewhere that is his choice.

4. Do you think Bruce would have joined in the first place if that was in his contract?

5. Bad times

6 minutes ago, trev said:

Nope. I don't think they do.

Why would people tell them? Do they get a payoff? 

I think the odds are purely controlled by betting patterns.

Maybe they do know all...i just have seen at first hand how odds can fluctuate hugely due to betting patterns.

Happens in match betting all the time during horse races...everyday.

I've seen horses cone in from 20-1 to evens in the space of an hour just because that horses odds were closely matched with the exchange price and thousands of match betters were betting on it.

It came last.

Finally some back up 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

If he leaves I hope he gets everything he deserves 

no best wishes from me sorry 

Clocks ticking, either he goes or issues a decisive statement commiting to us.

The longer it goes with a manager who isn't fully committed  bridges will be burned. 

Wednesday fans can be a reasonable lot  but deserve respect. 24hrs is a long time in football. 

5 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Spot on. After all, look what Chansiri's done for us this Summer -

1. Filed accounts on time and with big profit so no embargo, soft or otherwise

2. Raised mega dosh via surplus sales of Rhodes and Joao providing cash for top player purchases and slashing wage bill

3. Bought Hector from Chelsea, a top midfield cruncher , fast , tricky winger and 2 flying full backs for top 2 challenge

4. Signed Steve on an iron - clad contract with £30 million buy out clause

5. Got shirts here on time

Bruce , how could you ever consider leaving us.

God knows why Bruce would leave. 

1 minute ago, owlZfan84 said:

Nixon saying comp is much much more than 1 mill.

And Newcastle won't be able to do a cheap deal to get him.

Lots of planning gone into season so far to remove someone at a crucial junction like this it is not just compensation re wages. I would think Wednesday could reasonably ask £5 million, and perhaps more if other staff members are involved. I am certain approach only came today or late yesterday and not much thought given to it.

34 minutes ago, vulva said:

Without adding petrol to the flames I was told last week that there were ‘issues’ with transfers and control etc.  

"Without adding petrol to the flames". Then proceeds to add petrol to the flames.

:Sid:

If Bruce tells Chansiri he wants the Newcastle job. Then just get this sorted quickly. Hughton is an ideal replacement, couple of promotions on his CV.  

I just hope we don’t spend another week trying to haggle thinking we are holding Newcastle off just for it to happen anyway and we end up shooting ourselves in the foot.