Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

19 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

So someone born in Doncaster but moved to Sheffield when they're 6, where they did most of their growing up and went to school and watched their football and made their friends and matured into a young man within the Sheffield city limits... in fact has no rights to identify Sheffield as their hometown?

Think most would disagree with you. Just like Steve Bruce seems to disagree with you about Newcastle being his hometown. But keep on bleating if it makes you feel better mate... you do you.

13 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

No of course they don't. Their hometown is where they are born.

My mother wasn't born in Sheffield. She moved to Sheffield with my grandparents in her early years. But her hometown as she tells people is her original birth place.

The same goes for countries and the like. Mo Farah for example represents GBR in the athletics, but his home land is Somalia.

Of course bruce may feel hes a Newcastle lad, he spent most of his childhood there, but the fact is he isn't. 

You can claim to be from somewhere else and even represent them if it's a coutnry, but you can't change the fact it isn't your hometown or country.

Do you understand me yet?

I was born in Leeds. Lived in Huddersfield from age 2 to 9, then moved to Sheffield and became a Wednesday supporter having not supported a team before.

I did all the import bits of growing up in Sheffield and I consider Sheffield as my home town.

I have no real connection with Leeds. It was just where my mother was when she dropped me. I lived two years that I will never remember there.

I don't remember Huddersfield well. I don't remember many friends and I am contact with none.

I have no connection to Sheffield now other than Wednesday and the many friends I still keep in contact with from my school days but Sheffield IS my home town.

Where else would be?

1 minute ago, e6owl said:

Managers at every club complain about deals not getting done! It's just a reality of football. Bruce knew exactly what he was getting in to and for all his faults Chansiri is still a cut above Mike Ashley - who also won't sign anybody. The only business reason Bruce has to leave is money for himself, any talk of him being disappointed is just an excuse

I can't be arsed to read through 60 odd pages. Has Bruce actually had a whinge or has someone on here just speculated?

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

So you don’t think they have multiple sources searching for info to give them edges over the punters?

ok lol 

No.

I don't.

They have the edge by always having lower odds than the betting exchanges and that means they can layoff bets and make profits regardless of the outcome.

Odds are controlled by the exchanges.

At which point during a managerial appointment do u think some bloke at NUFC calls paddy power to tell them they mat be hiring a new manager? What's in it for them?

Edited by trev

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I hope if he does leave he doesn't regret it.

Cos he will.

If he leaves I hope he gets everything he deserves 

no best wishes from me sorry 

1 minute ago, e6owl said:

Managers at every club complain about deals not getting done! It's just a reality of football. Bruce knew exactly what he was getting in to and for all his faults Chansiri is still a cut above Mike Ashley - who also won't sign anybody. The only business reason Bruce has to leave is money for himself, any talk of him being disappointed is just an excuse

At the end of the day, if Bruce was confident the club was going in the right direction behind the scenes he would stay. I’m sure of it.

Wednesday fans have a lot of blind optimism towards our owner, they really do. The man has led us into two transfer embargo’s in successive seasons. 

I don’t blame Bruce for leaving, Newcastle has its attractions to him. But for me to go and work for Mike Ashley ahead of staying with us, is a real concern. 

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

If there's anything in this and Bruceybaby does leave us then it is down to him and him alone.

Those lining up already to give the chairman a kicking should it happen are quite frankly, pathetic.

Spot on. After all, look what Chansiri's done for us this Summer -

1. Filed accounts on time and with big profit so no embargo, soft or otherwise

2. Raised mega dosh via surplus sales of Rhodes and Joao providing cash for top player purchases and slashing wage bill

3. Bought Hector from Chelsea, a top midfield cruncher , fast , tricky winger and 2 flying full backs for top 2 challenge

4. Signed Steve on an iron - clad contract with £30 million buy out clause

5. Got shirts here on time

Bruce , how could you ever consider leaving us.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, darklord said:

Just on Sky Sports now reckoning he is one of a number of names being considered and we are expecting a formal approach. Only cost 1m

Sky poll says 75% think he's not right for the job 

lol

Normally I'd be heartened by that information, but Ashley does go out of his way to antagonise the fans and they are desperate  having been turned down by several other targets.