Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

If VG tips Info is as reliable as I’m told and  Bruce is claiming to be ‘disillusioned’ and ‘promises have been broken’ so he’s off to work for MIKE ASHLEY then it’s actually the funniest thing I’ve read all year 

I’ll hold back until we get some official confirmation but WOW  

If Bruce is getting double/treble his money for putting up with the same sh*t, then it makes sense he'd go!

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

So your telling me it goes from 50/1 for evens in 4 hrs because a few pu terms put bets on,  

yes Ofc odds reduce, but obv some inside knowledge about approach to make every company move so fast.....

I don't think betting sites have inside knowledge they purely work off betting patterns and algorithms. 

Clearly lots of bets all being ploughed into a 50-1 outsider is unusual and the odds will nosedive accordingly.

I'm assuming big bets were put on at betting exchanges as they change before the bookies odds do.

Just now, trev said:

I don't think betting sites have inside knowledge they purely work off betting patterns and algorithms. 

Clearly lots of bets all being ploughed into a 50-1 outsider is unusual and the odds will nosedive accordingly.

I'm assuming big bets were put on at betting exchanges as they change before the bookies odds do.

you dont think Skybet have inside knowledge ?

Looking at the people commenting on twitter ( the respected ones) its highly unlikely he will be our manager for much longer. 

How deflating for the staff, players and fans, really hope we go out and get someone decent quick. 

If this VG Tips is reliable and all these broken promises is the reason for getting out, seems to be just a way to get a big pay rise elsewhere.

How about some loyalty is repaid by Bruce, we were the only club who showed any when he wanted a break before starting work.

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Are we surprised?

Carlos said the same, as in players he wanted to sign but they couldn’t get deals done. 

Since Chansiri has taken control we have a tendency to leave transfers until very late on, we don’t sell players, we put ridiculous transfer values on players. Bruce wasn’t going to accept this. I thought maybe DC had taken a back seat but this proves that he hasn’t in my view. 

What an absolute shame. Anyone blaming Bruce needs to have a word with themselves. Bruce is no mug. This isn’t the first balls up in the Chansiri era and it won’t be the last. 

I pray to god he doesn’t leave but I think we all know what’s coming. 

Managers at every club complain about deals not getting done! It's just a reality of football. Bruce knew exactly what he was getting in to and for all his faults Chansiri is still a cut above Mike Ashley - who also won't sign anybody. The only business reason Bruce has to leave is money for himself, any talk of him being disappointed is just an excuse

2 minutes ago, AndersonOWL said:

Bookies wouldnt drop the odds to 1/4 without knowing something

The moment the bookies know something, betting is suspended.

If the bookies knew Bruce was Newcastle bound, they wouldn't be willing to give out £25 for every £100 laid.

1/4, however, does suggest someone(s) knows something and has laid good money, so the bookies odds change accordingly to take that in to account.