Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

19 minutes ago, southportdc said:

That's testicles Sal tbf. If he wanted out for those reasons, he'd be walking out. He wants out because it's Newcastle coming for him.

I reckon a lot of people would do the same for their club. It's just a bit annoying after we wasted months waiting for him.

Newcastle went for him other year... he turned them down. 

Just now, Owlstastic said:

Just look at the body language here. 

Dreaming about all the chicken parmo's he can scran after a home game.

image.thumb.png.107c95db54a0d22e0ddef818bcb99bcf.png

Meanwhile, Westwood/Dawson/Wildsmith firing one in Harris' direction.

Weaver looks disgusted.

5 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I identify as.........................................................................................................................................born in Pontefract though :mad:

barbless_hook_carp_fishing_hook_caperlan_8372583_1058095.jpg

Put Pontefract behind you... you'll always be ooooki on here..

• Thanks 1

Ok here goes, 

Bookmakers use trading sites to minimise risk when they feel they need to.

attached graph shows the amount of money currently (as of 10 mins ago) in one of the traders markets on next Newcastle manager. When Newcastle appoint a manager this market will show hundreds of thousands. At the minute just 20000 ish and 9000 of that on Bruce.  

Hardly earth shattering figures at the minute, I would say, nothing is happening other than the usual Sky big build up, little substance. 

7D59F967-F368-45D0-849E-4572D2EC8ED6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

If compo can be got way above the reported £1m...AND it was sufficient to get Hughton & Hector with a bit left.................bring it on !!

Your optimistic aren’t you ! It’s 2019, 1 million gets you nothing in football nowadays. The only player  left in football not worth £1 million is adthe nuhui 

• Haha 2

I just hope we get enough compo to enable us to bring in another top class manager. None of these unknown foreign types like Jos. Then again I really don’t want someone like Pulis or Adkins who no doubt will be among the names linked with the job. 

3 minutes ago, superowls23 said:

Ok here goes, 

Bookmakers use trading sites to minimise risk when they feel they need to.

attached graph shows the amount of money currently (as of 10 mins ago) in one of the traders markets on next Newcastle manager. When Newcastle appoint a manager this market will show hundreds of thousands. At the minute just 20000 ish and 9000 of that on Bruce.  

Hardly earth shattering figures at the minute, I would say, nothing is happening other than the usual Sky big build up, little substance. 

7D59F967-F368-45D0-849E-4572D2EC8ED6.jpeg

Surely there is reason why there is money on it, compared to others, even if it's a small amount

6 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

However, usually, if a manager just resigns, can be zero compensation.

Depends on contract, garden leave clauses, etc. 

If Newcastle make an approach and fail to meet an agreement, if Bruce then resigns and signs for them, I think we have grounds to get compensation - Probably get the full amount too.

Tapping managers up etc. I think that's why some managers stay out of a job a while after leaving.

3 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Your optimistic aren’t you ! It’s 2019, 1 million gets you nothing in football nowadays. The only player  left in football not worth £1 million is adthe nuhui 

We can't even get our accounts or shirts on time. Bruce was the only optimistic thing.

We can't go back to Chansiri and Paxo running things (think Abdi or Urby).

• Haha 1

This is just yet another episode amongst many that is beginning to put me off professional football.  A few days ago there was significant optimism for the new season but if Bruce does go, it throws the whole preparation into chaos.

Yet again, the light at the end of the tunnel would be snuffed out.

6 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

I think you’ll find  he said “way more than £1m”

4 minutes ago, flo said:

Surely there is reason why there is money on it, compared to others, even if it's a small amount

My point was that traders usually start getting involved when something is imminent, whereas bookmakers are a little more sporadic and careful with the odds. Make big shifts just in case

Tuesday John Terry went from 50/1 down to 6/1, quite a big play I think we’d agree

total amount traded on John Terry 

£54

Edited by superowls23