Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

8 minutes ago, southportdc said:

That's testicles Sal tbf. If he wanted out for those reasons, he'd be walking out. He wants out because it's Newcastle coming for him.

I reckon a lot of people would do the same for their club. It's just a bit annoying after we wasted months waiting for him.

Exactly this. There was no problem two days ago. It's his home town club. Simple. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
3 minutes ago, Quist said:

There is this geezer on Twitter, Sky reported interest last night and Newxcastle Chronicle has said Bruce has made it known he would like to discuss the job.

I have been told by someone that Newcastle are interested and were expected to approach us today. The comments about how much compensation would be owed are clearly wrong (Bruces salary was widely reported at £2 million when he joined).  and Nixon has confirmed this Bruce likes a punt and bookies do not like to lose money. As soon as offficil approach known they will have slashed price assuming Bruce would accept. 

It will be down to Astley coming up with funds. 

He’s never gonna give it up...

33 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I was born in Leeds. Lived in Huddersfield from age 2 to 9, then moved to Sheffield and became a Wednesday supporter having not supported a team before.

I did all the import bits of growing up in Sheffield and I consider Sheffield as my home town.

I have no real connection with Leeds. It was just where my mother was when she dropped me. I lived two years that I will never remember there.

I don't remember Huddersfield well. I don't remember many friends and I am contact with none.

I have no connection to Sheffield now other than Wednesday and the many friends I still keep in contact with from my school days but Sheffield IS my home town.

Where else would be?

You may consider Sheffield your hometown but as you was born in Leeds, your hometown is Leeds.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Good, I hope the club play as dirty as possible here 

make it absolute carnage for Bruce and Newcastle 

I agree we should try and get as much as possible, but disagree with making it carnage fir Bruce.

He may want to stay, we don't know the whole facts.

6 minutes ago, Quist said:

It will be down to Astley coming up with funds. 

We're no strangers to this.
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment from SB is what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
Never gonna go up
Is he gonna let us down
Is he gonna clear off to Newcastle and desert us
Said he was never gonna make us cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt us.
We've known each other 6 months
Your heads been turned but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
DC knows the game and hes gonna play it

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

He identifies as Sheffield..

I identify as.........................................................................................................................................born in Pontefract though :mad:

barbless_hook_carp_fishing_hook_caperlan_8372583_1058095.jpg

Edited by Hookowl
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really hope Bruce stays. Hope DC stands up and prices him out of a move. However could make for a nasty environment if Bruce says he wants to go and doesn’t get his move. fizz knows, I haven’t got a clue what’s going to happen. 

In modern day football, if Bruce wants to go, he (and his agent) will find a way and frankly, under those terms, it would be better in the long run if he got his wish.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really hope Bruce stays. Hope DC stands up and prices him out of a move. However could make for a nasty environment if Bruce says he wants to go and doesn’t get his move. fizz knows, I haven’t got a clue what’s going to happen. 

If he really wants to move, there is no standing in between him and Newcastle. That's just how it is.. then we just have to make sure the pile of money involved is big enough.