Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

They may be his team, but if he was a huge fan i don't think he'd have gone Sunderland. Do you?

Football's a job. Harry Kane was an Arsenal fan, Jamie Carragher was Everton, Harry Maguire was a Wednesdayite, etc. etc.

7 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Alex Bruce also follows Liam Gallagher his dad might be joining Oasis.

Yeah but he wouldn't just join coinciding with the speculation.. Hopefully it's to show his  dad the poo he's gonna from the fans of the club he supports

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Without adding petrol to the flames I was told last week that there were ‘issues’ with transfers and control etc.  

That does not surprise me one bit . Paxo and his Doyen mates  are the ptoblem , always have been.

I suggest we wait until it's confirmed he's going or staying. This thread isn't doing us any favours whatever happens. Just maybe the Newcastle fans reactions might be enough to pull Bruce and his family off the job. But for the love of god don't help make his mind up for him by being fickle before anything is confirmed... :ph34r:

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

So someone born in Doncaster but moved to Sheffield when they're 6, where they did most of their growing up and went to school and watched their football and made their friends and matured into a young man within the Sheffield city limits... in fact has no rights to identify Sheffield as their hometown?

Think most would disagree with you. Just like Steve Bruce seems to disagree with you about Newcastle being his hometown. But keep on bleating if it makes you feel better mate... you do you.

No of course they don't. Their hometown is where they are born.

My mother wasn't born in Sheffield. She moved to Sheffield with my grandparents in her early years. But her hometown as she tells people is her original birth place.

The same goes for countries and the like. Mo Farah for example represents GBR in the athletics, but his home land is Somalia.

Of course bruce may feel hes a Newcastle lad, he spent most of his childhood there, but the fact is he isn't. 

You can claim to be from somewhere else and even represent them if it's a coutnry, but you can't change the fact it isn't your hometown or country.

Do you understand me yet?

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Apologies if posted already. 

I knew Bruce wouldn’t stand for any rubbish from the chairman and his advisor.

This guy is as reliable as it gets when it comes to Bruce.

He's here again.

Stick the knife in. 

Revel in the misery. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Football's a job. Harry Kane was an Arsenal fan, Jamie Carragher was Everton, Harry Maguire was a Wednesdayite, etc. etc.

True, but those all choose those teams to get into the sport and they might not have had other opportunities.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Drones club said:

If it means Chris Hughton replaces Bruce, it could prove a blessing.

I wouldn't say a blessing, but a very good appointment.