Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Just now, S1Owl said:

apparently that could be stumbling block, Newcastle don't want them

If this is true then I hope we tell Bruce in no uncertain terms that if he goes so do his merrymen. Give him a proper decision to make mates or money.

Slightly off topic, but I think I heard Bruce or whoever goes there will have to work with the existing coaching staff. So, presumably, whoever we end up with will not have the option to bring in their team. This surely might have an impact on who comes here if they equally have to do the same? 

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This. Takes me back to the Nixon tweet about player valuations too. Wouldn’t be surprised if Bruce is frustrated with the embargo and recruitment. At the moment his hands are tied and he can’t shape the squad so it is able to compete for promotion. Which is the chairman and the clubs aim. 

If he goes, he can’t be blamed. The blame lies at the top for getting us into the financial mess in the first place. 

You’ve took one comment from someone that could be totally made up and managed to turn it into a completely madeup up storyline, just so you can have a dig at the chairman once again. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

A ground sale needed due to Chansiri's mad buying policies, which means no clubs will bid realistically for our has beens on such mega wages (and Abdi cost us £8 million gross).

Meanwhile, we tell Vardy at £5 million to do one and buy Van Aken instead of McGuire.

And the Chairman's advisors for this are still here and stopping Bruce trade. 

Tha wot?!

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Bruce knew what he was getting himself into when he signed for us. We were in an embargo last summer and at around the time that Jos was sacked Chansiri very publicly stated that we could be in worse trouble this summer.

When Bruce came in - after Chansiri had done what many other Chairman wouldn't in allowing him a month off before starting the job mid-season - he stated he knew he didn't have funds to work with. 

If he stays then great but if he goes all this talk of being hampered by finances is just an excuse - one that he has used before and one that he will undoubtedly be able to call upon again under Mike Ashley's leadership. 

It seems amazing that Bruce keeps signing himself up to jobs like this.......

Mike Ashley’s magic beans must be better than Chansiri’s.

16 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

I can't be arsed to read through 60 odd pages. Has Bruce actually had a whinge or has someone on here just speculated?

There is this geezer on Twitter, Sky reported interest last night and Newxcastle Chronicle has said Bruce has made it known he would like to discuss the job.

I have been told by someone that Newcastle are interested and were expected to approach us today. The comments about how much compensation would be owed are clearly wrong (Bruces salary was widely reported at £2 million when he joined).  and Nixon has confirmed this Bruce likes a punt and bookies do not like to lose money. As soon as offficil approach known they will have slashed price assuming Bruce would accept. 

It will be down to Astley coming up with funds. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

A ground sale needed due to Chansiri's mad buying policies, which means no clubs will bid realistically for our has beens on such mega wages (and Abdi cost us £8 million gross).

Meanwhile, we tell Vardy at £5 million to do one and buy Van Aken instead of McGuire.

And the Chairman's advisors for this are still here and stopping Bruce trade. 

So much made upshit in just one post.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, southportdc said:

That's testicles Sal tbf. If he wanted out for those reasons, he'd be walking out. He wants out because it's Newcastle coming for him.

I reckon a lot of people would do the same for their club. It's just a bit annoying after we wasted months waiting for him.

Who walks away from £2 million a year?

Better use your journo mates to try and stop daft interference with mad player prices.

And then wait for your hometown club in EPL to come knocking with £5 million a year, even with more loony meddling.

2 minutes ago, Retired Owls Fan said:

Did he give you a compensation package?
And was the replacement better than the ex?

unfortunately no and no, despite being the only one in the triangle who could read and write, I'm still living with my parents eating baked beans cold out of a can.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Danger is, if any of this is true and eventually any deal falls through, we will end up with a perceived disloyal manager and an erosion of trust between him, DC and players.

Absolutely, needs sorting quickly.