Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

3 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

What is more concerning is that along with Bruce, Agnew, Clemence, Strudwick and Downes could all follow. It would want to be a damn sight more than 1m in compo. Its ripping the guts out of the club.

I hope DC says sod off, you don't have permission. Or, yeah you can talk to him but the starting point for compo is 5m. If Derby can get 4m for a one season newbie manager in Frank Lampard, then I hope we play hardball.

Sadly I suspect Lampard was on a more long term contract. Bruce is apparently on a one year rolling deal, which means he probably has a release clause at a fairly minimal rate i.e the £1m being mentioned. 

It really is classic rotten Wednesday luck. 

7 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Getting Hughton in would certainly soften the blow if Bruce did leave mind. 

Everyone keeps saying this. I agree it'd be a great replacement. But who says we could get him or he'd want to come. I can see schteeve Mclaren vulturing in the wings waiting. 

Just now, owls maniac said:

Has to be Gary Monk.

Did superb last season in very challenging circumstances. He would keep us solid.

Would hate Monk. Especially with all the dodgy agent deals he's been doing. Seems he screwed Middlesbrough over for millions through his dodgy transfers. Also snaked away from Leeds. Don't want him here. 

Guest wilyfox

I'd be annoyed more than anything if he goes because that's 6 months planning down the drain. He's been assessing the squad and putting staff in place for the season ahead, and that could all be ripped up just 3+1/2 weeks before the campaign begins. We don't need the disruption at this time. Hughton would be an obvious choice to succeed, but it means a new regime...again. 

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Has to be Gary Monk.

Did superb last season in very challenging circumstances. He would keep us solid.

Anyone stating it should be Monk needs to have a quick read up of recent events surrounding him. Dodgy springs to mind.