Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

18 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

I don't want to burn sources (friends) with specifics but there is serious talk that this could be happening. :sad:

Not a great sign then, especially as things really have picked up even more significantly since yesterday.

Let's hope if things are moving, we also have plans in place to move quickly if Bruce goes.

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I'd be annoyed more than anything if he goes because that's 6 months planning down the drain. He's been assessing the squad and putting staff in place for the season ahead, and that could all be ripped up just 3+1/2 weeks before the campaign begins. We don't need the disruption at this time. Hughton would be an obvious choice to succeed, but it means a new regime...again. 

This is the main issue for me. Plus we’ve just got a bit of a feel good factor back and a manager who engages well.

For me the most disappointing thing about Bruce leaving would be the removal of all the structures HE was putting in place. A proper coaching team, a scouting network, Strudwick with the sports science... I'd fear we'd quickly go back to one man and his dog and Bully.

Worrying times.

wasnt a joke what i said yesterday saw a car with a Moyes plate heading our way 

people i would consider 

Hughton

Cowley

off top of my head 

tbh need to look who is available  feck it hoped this wasn't true    hopefully not some foreign non entity 

9 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Sadly I suspect Lampard was on a more long term contract. Bruce is apparently on a one year rolling deal, which means he probably has a release clause at a fairly minimal rate i.e the £1m being mentioned. 

It really is classic rotten Wednesday luck. 

Possible part of the package to get Bruce to come 6 months ago was a low compensation figure as a get out clause.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Could see Rowett being on the list 

I don't feel he could manage strong personalities in the squad. Stoke overwhelmed him. We have one or two tricky customers here. 

1 minute ago, Bing Cosby said:

For me the most disappointing thing about Bruce leaving would be the removal of all the structures HE was putting in place. A proper coaching team, a scouting network, Strudwick with the sports science... I'd fear we'd quickly go back to one man and his dog and Bully.

Worrying times.

Exactly my thoughts. Who knows, Bruce might look at it and think its not the right time.

Could be a very short lived appointment if he goes, and working for Ashley is a poison chalice.

I fear the worst though

• Like 1