Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Just now, gurujuan said:

So, if he leaves, I hope it’s none of the usual suspects coming for interviews, or none of the “new” usual suspects, Moore, Monk, Houghton etc

wont rest til worthington rules himself out 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Do you really trust DC to take the sensible option and appoint Houghton? 

I think he’s learning fast. No more rolls of the dice from now on

If we end up with Monk or Moore though I’ll be mightily f**ked off

Guest wilyfox
Just now, newbster said:

I'd expect some loyalty after we allowed Bruce to have the time for his personal life to get sorted at the beginning of his tenure 

"we allowed Bruce"?? He may have turned down the opportunity if DC didn't agree to a delayed start. I wouldn't expect loyalty. Bruce had an opportunity to kill speculation last night after the game. He didn't really do that. 

10 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He's from 16 miles away from Newcastle, its like calling Kevin Keegan a Sheffielder.

I doubt he's much of a Newcastle fan too, turned them down before then managed their biggest rivals. Reyt fan he is.

For me, it's not open and shut case for him leaving.

It's not comparable. Newcastle, Sunderland... beyond that there's not much up there for 50 miles.

If a bloke was from 15 miles away from Hull, dya think they would say there were from anywhere else but Hull?

OK, maybe a bad example, I'd imagine they would go out of their way to pretend they weren't from Hull. But the point still stands. You can't compare two neighbouring cities located in the middle of bumfudge nowhere to the South Yorkshire mass of locations like Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster... even to a lesser extent Chesterfield.