Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Apart from it being his hometown club, a tripled salary, having £50mil transfer budget, playing in the Prem, a high profile, and 57,000 there every game, why would he even consider leaving Us?

• Haha 4

I think theres very little chance of Bruce going.

Who in their right mind would want to work for Ashley and they have just got rid of their two top scorers from last season to boot. Relegation certainties at the moment.  

We've been really good for Bruce which he'll want to repay that, but also if you cast forward 24 months I honestly think there's more chance of us being in the top flight than them.

Having said all that, if he jumps ship, we get some good compo and hire Chris Hughton its hardly the end of the world either.  Overall I'm very zen about it. 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Usual plodders , people will start bleating about Nigel Pearson no doubt 

It'll be the usual suspects from our knowledgeable fans. They'll be clamouring for Mick McCarthy and Ian Holloway. Megson will get a mention, probably John Sheridan too.. 

• Like 1

We gotta face up to reality. It's sounding more and more like Bruce will be the next Newcastle manager. No smoke without fire. 

If we could get a few million compo it would help us in the transfer market and hopefully get someone like Hughton, then fine. 

10:38

Anyone posted this yet?

BRUCE PLAYS DOWN JOB LINK

Steve Bruce has played down speculation linking him with the vacant manager's job at Newcastle.

The 58-year-old Sheffield Wednesday boss found himself installed as the latest bookmakers' favourite - some even suspended betting - to replace Rafael Benitez on Tuesday as it emerged that the Magpies are considering him among a series of candidates for the post.

Asked about the rumours at the Owls' Portugal pre-season training base, Corbridge-born Bruce told the Sheffield Star: "It's news to me.

"God only knows what happened on Tuesday afternoon. There seemed to be an upsurge [in the betting] from somewhere.

"John Terry was favourite yesterday. It was Mikel Arteta the day before, so who knows?

"As far as I am concerned, I am here, I am going home tomorrow and looking forward to walking the dog."

• Thanks 3

Based on what i've seen of Bruce, he's been in management long enough and his character tell's me he will honer the contract he has here 100%.

Newcastle are a shambles at the moment. until they get a takeover  i honestly can't see him going :Chansiri:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, superowls23 said:

10:38

Anyone posted this yet?

BRUCE PLAYS DOWN JOB LINK

Steve Bruce has played down speculation linking him with the vacant manager's job at Newcastle.

The 58-year-old Sheffield Wednesday boss found himself installed as the latest bookmakers' favourite - some even suspended betting - to replace Rafael Benitez on Tuesday as it emerged that the Magpies are considering him among a series of candidates for the post.

Asked about the rumours at the Owls' Portugal pre-season training base, Corbridge-born Bruce told the Sheffield Star: "It's news to me.

"God only knows what happened on Tuesday afternoon. There seemed to be an upsurge [in the betting] from somewhere.

"John Terry was favourite yesterday. It was Mikel Arteta the day before, so who knows?

"As far as I am concerned, I am here, I am going home tomorrow and looking forward to walking the dog."

Last sentence could be come and get me plea.