Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

16 minutes ago, Beholder said:

We gotta face up to reality. It's sounding more and more like Bruce will be the next Newcastle manager. No smoke without fire. 

If we could get a few million compo it would help us in the transfer market and hopefully get someone like Hughton, then fine. 

Sky says only a million compensation 

11 minutes ago, Beholder said:

We gotta face up to reality. It's sounding more and more like Bruce will be the next Newcastle manager. No smoke without fire. 

If we could get a few million compo it would help us in the transfer market and hopefully get someone like Hughton, then fine. 

I agree think the vibe I get it is likely now Bruce will be leaving.
A blow as he was a good fit for Wednesday but no one is ever irreplaceable.

What he said to Howson last night was basically a come and get me plea , ain’t hard to work out there’s a real chance of it happening 

3 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Sounds like there could actually be something to this link.

I didn't believe it yesterday, but have heard some worrying things this morning. :sad:

FFS....................this close season was always going to be tricky with the financial mess we have created , but i was still hopeful because we had a manager that knew what he was doing and would move us forward, and now this.........................everytime we start to feel positive we get kicked in the dumplings...........the Wednesday way i guess.

If, and it is only an IF he wants to leave, then he should go.

We need someone committed to the cause and not having their head turned at the mention of another job.

Boyhood Newcastle fan so would have to be a pretty strong reason not to listen to anything put his way. 

What is more concerning is that along with Bruce, Agnew, Clemence, Strudwick and Downes could all follow. It would want to be a damn sight more than 1m in compo. Its ripping the guts out of the club.

I hope DC says sod off, you don't have permission. Or, yeah you can talk to him but the starting point for compo is 5m. If Derby can get 4m for a one season newbie manager in Frank Lampard, then I hope we play hardball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Wonder if Newcastle did make an approach Chansiri will just say no Bruce is not going?

Chansiri is going to lock him in the kitchen at the training ground and demand £300 million for his release :Chansiri:

I’m just keeping my fingers crossed and trying to laugh it all off (but I am worried we might be back to square one).

I’d then expect us to get daft offers for our better players without Bruce there to bat them away, and saying “Don’t take the pish”

There’s also the question of will the new manager rate the players Bruce has brought in etc. Or have we invested our limited budget on players who might not get a look in under a new manager.

And possibly the new manager not having Bruce’s contacts in the game, charisma, knowledge, and know how?

Wouldn’t it just be our luck?

But on the positive side, Westwood has signed a new contract!