Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, DeeJayOne said:

Sounds like there could actually be something to this link.

I didn't believe it yesterday, but have heard some worrying things this morning. :sad:

Anything you're able to divulge?

I was of the same opinion yesterday - the stories were around the betting odds, which gives no foundation to a story, especially when the odds were actually pretty long for a "as good as done deal"...

Bruce's odds have now come in to suggest there is something more concrete and worth taking note of.

9 minutes ago, superowls23 said:

10:38

Anyone posted this yet?

BRUCE PLAYS DOWN JOB LINK

Steve Bruce has played down speculation linking him with the vacant manager's job at Newcastle.

The 58-year-old Sheffield Wednesday boss found himself installed as the latest bookmakers' favourite - some even suspended betting - to replace Rafael Benitez on Tuesday as it emerged that the Magpies are considering him among a series of candidates for the post.

Asked about the rumours at the Owls' Portugal pre-season training base, Corbridge-born Bruce told the Sheffield Star: "It's news to me.

"God only knows what happened on Tuesday afternoon. There seemed to be an upsurge [in the betting] from somewhere.

"John Terry was favourite yesterday. It was Mikel Arteta the day before, so who knows?

"As far as I am concerned, I am here, I am going home tomorrow and looking forward to walking the dog."

It’s there before our eyes. If we can’t have Bruce, we should give the job to his dog. Sorted.

5 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Sounds like there could actually be something to this link.

I didn't believe it yesterday, but have heard some worrying things this morning. :sad:

I know, after checking the news this morning I couldn't believe that clusterfuck of a joker Boris looks like he's going to get in as PM. Sod football, where all fizzed.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Anything you're able to divulge?

I was of the same opinion yesterday - the stories were around the betting odds, which gives no foundation to a story, especially when the odds were actually pretty long for a "as good as done deal"...

Bruce's odds have now come in to suggest there is something more concrete and worth taking note of.

I don't want to burn sources (friends) with specifics but there is serious talk that this could be happening. :sad:

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

According to a poll of Newcastle fans the Bruce they want is Ken followed by Fiona. Steve currently comes in third.

Sadly, Ashley doesn't base decision making on popularity contests. He does what he wants and usually doesn't give a feck want anyone else wants.