Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Simon Jordan just on talksport says he know SB really well and he thinks if they approach him Bruce would jump at the chance and he thinks it’s the type of manager they need right now!!!

yesterday I thought SB would stay with us, but I’m fast starting to think we will need a new manager by the weekend 

Gutted if he goes!!!’

Edited by waddleisgod

2 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

I thought this. The question should have been put to him “if you are approached would you be interested?”. Then see if we got a yes or a no? He simply asked about the Newcastle link and that kind of let Bruce fob it off as he knows nothing, not that he has no interest. 

It's still easy to side step the question.

' It's pointless answering hypothetical questions'. 

'I'm Sheffield Wednesday manager, that's all I can say.'

'I don't comment on media speculation'.

54 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Since when did being under contract mean anything in football, especially for managers? By that rationale, Steve Bruce signed a contract with us just a few months ago so I can't see that happening!

I remember Sturrock being given a long new contract and then sacked a couple of weeks later...

I can't recall one example where a manager has renewed his contract and then left for another club days after...

Bruce signed 6 months ago and by all accounts is on a short term contract. Not quite the same situation as Wilder...

Typical this, wouldn’t even mind as much if he wasn’t gonna take a job he’ll last 5mins in when Ashley finally sells the club 

Will throw the club into chaos if we lose him at this stage of pre season now, absolutely no viable alternatives either , cannot be bothered to listen and hear people clamour for the usual bunch 

Just now, saywended said:

I would Love Bruce to stay , but i think if the Newcastle Job was to be offered then he will be gone ,with us hopefully getting a good amount of compensation. Then DC please  go and get Chris Hughton.

I'd be onto his agent in a flash in Bruce goes. I hope DC doesn't revert to left field appointments should SB go. 

Just now, MrTacoSWFC said:

So other than Hughton, who else is out there if Bruce goes?

Usual plodders , people will start bleating about Nigel Pearson no doubt 

Just now, Guesswhosback said:

Cant blame him if he goes the clubs is a shambles at moment and as been for 2 years 

weren’t too much of a shambles to bend over and get him a job while he was recovering from his family issues 

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Now the question is does Chansiri reject the approach?

Depends on the contract agreed with Bruce, there might be a get-out clause for a PL team or sumat similar. Really hope we can hang on to him, losing him at this stage would be a huge step back