Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Where there's smoke there's fire.

No doubt there will be an approach from Newcastle today and I think Bruce would want to go, I just look at how Chansiri handled the whole Forestieri situation however and hope he either insists on a much higher compensation figure or tells Mike Ashley to go f*** himself.

Just now, Bluesteel said:

If NUFC get in touch today it’s because someone’s already said he will take it. He did similar at Palace.

Yep. And I would imagine all parties are further ahead with this than what the media are reporting....they’ve probably already been in touch. 

I really hope DC isn't being as naive as he has in the past.  Bruce will show zero loyalty to him or us.

DC needs to be sounding out potential replacements if he even thinks Newcastle will approach him for Bruce.

Chris Houghton should absolutely be his number 1 target.

Guest Ash76
35 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Sounds like there could actually be something to this link.

I didn't believe it yesterday, but have heard some worrying things this morning. :sad:

Also heard worrying things

Steve’s dog isn’t happy as he’s flown in to Newcastle, he’s not had his walk and ended up sh1tting all over the kitchen floor 

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-sign-julian-borner-as-steve-bruce-continues-to-be-linked-with-potential-newcastle-united-move-1-9868232

Bruce said: "It's news to me. As far as I am concerned, I am here, I am going home tomorrow (Wednesday) and looking forward to walking the dog!
"Maybe because I'm from Newcastle (is why my name has been mentioned.)

I'd be bitterly disappointed if Bruce left so early in the job.

He has that aura that this club craves in its manager. Big Ron-esque. 

And I'd like to think the amount of patience we allowed him when pursuing him would be taken into consideration.

That said, the Man Utd job aside, this is Bruce's dream job, in the Premier League, and I'd imagine all this uncertainly regarding our transfer embargo, doesn't go in our favour either. 

If Newcastle do make an official approach, they'll have been given assurances that Bruce is open to the idea of moving. And that'll be that. Chansiri will have to ensure he gets the maximum compensation possible, and then begin to start replacing him...immediately. 

For me, I'd go all out for Chris Hughton. He'll build the club in the right way, sustainably and he'd be able to continue to build on the early foundations Bruce's team have started to implement. No other candiate for me...he's the best out there. Go and get him. Like Chansiri did when replacing Luhukay. Identify the best available, and go and get him. 

1 minute ago, sheriwozgod said:

After the godawful year that SB and his family had last year he would surely think long and hard about joining that basket case of a club so soon.

He's on a fekkin' shot to nothing if he goes there. If he's a success, he can establish himself as a PL manager. If he fails or gets sacked, he retires on a huge PL pay-off.

Guest mkowl
5 minutes ago, Nath83 said:

Just been wondering...

When was the last time one of our managers was poached?

A few should have been fried 

word of caution for anyone wanting to risk savings on him going 

i had very good info on a certain guy to be chelsea manager they wanted him he wanted the job it was a stitch on  BUT his wife didnt want to go & i lost a fecking packet 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sick of this

First we lose Carlos Carvalhal to his boyhood favourite team and now Steve Bruce might do the same

Gutted if it happens

you forget Ron 

in future we should only employ a manager whose boyhood team is accrington fecking stanley to stop this happening again 

4 minutes ago, Nath83 said:

Was thinking Atkinson, but couldn't remember if left at the end of his contract or Villa paid us for him?

Atkinson stated (quite publicly) that he was going to stay with us, and then went to Villa.

Judas bstard lol 

• Haha 1

Why's everyone assuming that Bruce will go? 

He's not been here long, he brushed off speculation, he's put structures in place and Bruce and his son seemed moved by the patience DC gave him whilst he needed time off before taking charge here. Newcastle fans don't want him, would he really want to walk into another Villa situation, in what would appear a short term job? 

I really hope Bruce stays because he seems the right fit and the right man for the job here. Plus, I really don't see us being able to get a suitable replacement. I genuinely fear another season will be written off if he goes. 

Edited by The Night-Owl