Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You’d like to think Bruce would be a man of principle. He’s started to shape things behind the scenes and it would be massive kick in the teeth if that is ripped away just like that. 

But money talks in football. And he’s from Newcastle, he won’t turn it down.

He's from 16 miles away from Newcastle, its like calling Kevin Keegan a Sheffielder.

I doubt he's much of a Newcastle fan too, turned them down before then managed their biggest rivals. Reyt fan he is.

For me, it's not open and shut case for him leaving.

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Why's everyone assuming that Bruce will go? 

He's not been here long, he brushed off speculation, he's put structures in place and Bruce and his son seemed moved by the patience DC gave him whilst he needed time off before taking charge here. Newcastle fans don't want him, would be really want to walk into another Villa situation, in what would appear a short term job? 

I really hope Bruce stays because he seems the right fit and the right man for the job here. Plus, I really don't see us being able to get a suitable replacement. I genuinely fear another season will be written off if he goes. 

Agree - I really cant see him leaving at the moment.

Dread to think who DC will go for if as expected Bruce does go. You just know it would be another unheard of foreign manager like Jos or if he did stay British some wet blanket like Nigel Adkins or Pulis. Bruce was the perfect manager for us. Actually pulled the majority of fans together after the disaster that was Jos. 

It might depend on the embargo being lifted, and Bruce being able to bring his top targets in If he feels that, he will lose out on what he believes he needs, because of an embargo, that I presume he wasn’t told about, then he may be tempted to give the Newcastle job a go. Don’t suppose for one minute, he relishes the thought of working with Mike Ashley, but if he has to work under restrictions, he might as well get the most he can for it

Edited by gurujuan

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He's from 16 miles away from Newcastle, its like calling Kevin Keegan a Sheffielder.

I doubt he's much of a Newcastle fan too, turned them down before then managed their biggest rivals. Reyt fan he is.

For me, it's not open and shut case for him leaving.

Newcastle United dominates that whole region. It's not like down here where there are loads of clubs in a short distance of each other. 

Just now, Tudders said:

If letting Bruce go meant the compensation and saved wages freed up enough money to allow us to sign Hector, what would you want the club to do?

Absolutely no contest. Bruce is more important to the club than Hector.

1 minute ago, Tudders said:

If letting Bruce go meant the compensation and saved wages freed up enough money to allow us to sign Hector, what would you want the club to do?

Bruce goes, then signs Hector for Newcastle, just to twist the knife :angry:

He's off.

I just hope that we can make a decent appointment and quickly. or we could be in for another long season. Massive shame as I (And everyone else) was starting to get a little excited about our chances next season.

(He's off is my opinion, no ITK)

Guest gizowl

If common sense prevails he will stay, the lure of your hometown club tempting, its like trying to give up smoking after been told one more fag will kill you. Plenty have turned it down, so he'll know he's not 1st choice, if he goes I'll be gutted but there's some decent options out there, Houghton, Monk etc. UTO

9 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Why's everyone assuming that Bruce will go? 

He's not been here long, he brushed off speculation, he's put structures in place and Bruce and his son seemed moved by the patience DC gave him whilst he needed time off before taking charge here. Newcastle fans don't want him, would he really want to walk into another Villa situation, in what would appear a short term job? 

I really hope Bruce stays because he seems the right fit and the right man for the job here. Plus, I really don't see us being able to get a suitable replacement. I genuinely fear another season will be written off if he goes. 

I agree with this

If he does end up going though I’d be delighted if we went out and got Chris Hughton 

1 minute ago, Skyline said:

He's off.

I just hope that we can make a decent appointment and quickly. or we could be in for another long season. Massive shame as I (And everyone else) was starting to get a little excited about our chances next season.

(He's off is my opinion, no ITK)

Exactly how I feel. If they do approach he is gone. Even with the lack of transfers and the embargo I still felt positive about the season because we had Bruce in charge. We really can’t mess about getting a replacement in with pre season under way and the new season just around the corner. Very worried about who DC will go for. 

For him It has pro’s and con’s I think.. May be the last chance of him going to his boyhood club.. but will be taking over knowing the ownership is rotting the club. What would you do if you were managing a big club, but had a chance to manage Wednesday,  but under a terrible chairman ?? 

Edited by Wimborneowl902