Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Loyalty is a two way thing.

How many clubs are loyal to managers after a couple of bad results?

Not that I feel sorry for any of them its a very well paid profession and that everyone knows has zero job security.

I think we are. Not the fans but DC kept Carlos and Jos way past their sell by dates.

Ashley will keep Bruce despite bad results because he's cheaper than the oprions. The fans will want him sacked but Ashley doesn't give a t0ss about the fans.

Guest Bulgaria
5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Loyalty is a two way thing.

How many clubs are loyal to managers after a couple of bad results?

Not that I feel sorry for any of them its a very well paid profession and that everyone knows has zero job security.

And more often than not, the sacked manager then walks into another job.

Only profession I know where you can get a pay rise for failure.

I will save my sympathy for others.

8 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

As long as we get decent compo get shut and get cracking on with a manager who wants to be here.

Thats my preference. I just hope all this is resolved in the next few days culminating in the appointment of our new manager, hopefully Hughton. 

5 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Thats my preference. I just hope all this is resolved in the next few days culminating in the appointment of our new manager, hopefully Hughton. 

I agree that would be a good appointment but someone on here mentiond that he has financial restrictions re his previous post?

45 minutes ago, woodys said:

Think the embargo has had any impact on all this? Do wonder 

Only as an excuse for Bruce. We were in an embargo last summer, he will have had plenty of discussions about our financial situation before agreeing to take the job.

I think it is reasonable to expect there to be a compromise.

The details will come from the usual ITK sources but the official lines will be NUFC saying they didn't pay the price being asked and SWFC saying we didn't accept the derisory offers from NUFC.

If true, I like the idea of DC saying "money first I don't trust you lot "

Ashley may have deep pockets but he’s cheap, and he wants to do everything on the cheap. As such he’ll have a cut off point with regards to compensation and he won’t go beyond it.

Bruce is clearly desperate to leave so if he wants to move so much, maybe he could help his good mate Ashley out and help towards the compensation, he’ll not be short of a few quid. He could look on it as buying himself out of his contract.

If rumours are true regarding his talks with installing super spy Graham Carr, come through.

DC should charge Bruce with moonlighting, whilst under contract you cannot be doing sly stuff like lining up backroom staff for your future employers. 

Definitely not when you have a transfer window. 

F####d off is an understatement  

26 minutes ago, BigTavowl said:

If rumours are true regarding his talks with installing super spy Graham Carr, come through.

DC should charge Bruce with moonlighting, whilst under contract you cannot be doing sly stuff like lining up backroom staff for your future employers. 

Definitely not when you have a transfer window. 

Yes, forgot about this little snippet from that Mirror article. 

Only knew about it 2 to 3 days ago, but allegedly had plans in place to bring back Graham Carr. 

What a load of bo11ocks.