David Turnbull

13 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

According to Celtic assistant John Kennedy they are officially out of the race and moving onto new targets. Norwich are clearly in the driving seat but can't imagine he will play much next season if he goes there's. More of an investment and regular the season after should they come straight down. Depends what he's after right now?!

Decent move for him though. Norwich have a decent record of bringing through youngsters. 

6 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Decent move for him though. Norwich have a decent record of bringing through youngsters. 

I agree, they do. Not sure they will want to blood too many in the big league though. He sounds like a talent though.

Superb...he's now signing for celtic again.....................:Sid:

£3m on an unproven youngster
£20k a week on him

Fans slated him for over a week
celtic released a statement having a dig at him
Kennedy calls him greedy

First bad game and the fans will be on his back

Lovely, simply lovely......:biggrin:

• Like 1

Wednesday hardly experience success with Scottish players! 

Or should I say, the ones rumoured to wanted by teams in a higher league standard than ourselves at any certain period.

Who was the useless midfielder we took from Rangers several years back? He turned out to be another flop.

i won’t lose sleep if this Turnbull signs elsewhere. 

Guest wilyfox

Oh, how pathetic. They've slagged him to the media twice and now he signs after being branded a money-grabber. What a crappy way to conduct business. 

Poor choice picking Celtic over Norwich IMO, would have got game time in the premier league next season. 

Celtic the ones who look silly, got their man but at what expense in reputation given how they've got about it outing details of the negotiations in the press. Also paid more than the reported previously agreed fee and the inevitable uplift in wages. 

Just hope he proves his worth, perceived lack of ambition may be a red flag for me though. Surely most players want to play in the best leagues.

12 minutes ago, striker said:

Poor choice picking Celtic over Norwich IMO, would have got game time in the premier league next season. 

Celtic the ones who look silly, got their man but at what expense in reputation given how they've got about it outing details of the negotiations in the press. Also paid more than the reported previously agreed fee and the inevitable uplift in wages. 

Just hope he proves his worth, perceived lack of ambition may be a red flag for me though. Surely most players want to play in the best leagues.

These days, it looks like players want to be the stand out player in the team, big fish in a small pond type.

Doesn't matter what division they play in, they will choose the team they think they will stand out in.

Sad days.

8 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

16 page thread about a player we never seemingly had even a sniff of getting.

Classic Owlstalk in the summer!

lol

Around 4 of those, full of posts believing that was his real hairline 

post-445-0-19544300-1339869387_thumb.png

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BigTavowl said:

Who was the useless midfielder we took from Rangers several years back? He turned out to be another flop.

i won’t lose sleep if this Turnbull signs elsewhere. 

McCabe. He was on a free tho, and hardly had a wealth of first team games under his belt. Just 9 games for Rangers, no goals, 1 assist. He looked like he might turn into an ok player in that time, but was hardly pulling up trees and was a very low risk buy for us. That he didn't develop into the player we hoped didn't really cost us much.

Turnbull (and to a lesser extent Hastie) have looked like the real deal more than a few times this season. They've now moved to Scotland's official stepping stone clubs of Celtic and Rangers (respectively) and will probably be looking to secure moves to the English Premier League in a couple of years time. I seems very likely that in a 3-4 years time we'll very much wish we'd signed them, but then I don't think we had anything like the 3mil that was needed for Turnbull, so not sure it matters.