David Turnbull

preseason summed up, see rumour of transfer to us, google, doubt it, actually signs elsewhere, move on. Someone is now firing some more darts at the board to see who we have been linked with. I will guess the dart falls in the Glenn Whelan section and someone in HITC towers is putting together as we speak. 'Former Owl linked with return' Out of contract Glenn Whelan has been linked with an unlikely return to his former team Sheffield Wednesday, With Aston Villa promoted ............. Blah blah blah. Cahill signing for us might be dredged up again soon too. Roll on August.

36 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

He’s snubbed the PL with Norwich...for Celtic

lol

Depends what you want in life.

Earn millions playing against some of the best players and teams in the world.

Or play against Partick Thistle on a cold Tuesday night.

Tough choice. 

• Haha 2

Guest wilyfox

Only 19/20 though. Maybe he's not ready to fly the nest just yet. The way this whole Celtic thing played out was crap, but good luck to the lad. Looks talented. Don't think we were serious contenders for his signature. 

14 hours ago, SiJ said:

Depends what you want in life.

Earn millions playing against some of the best players and teams in the world.

Or play against Partick Thistle on a cold Tuesday night.

Tough choice. 

Or play in front of 60,000 week in, week out rather than 20 odd thousand.

Guest gizowl
14 hours ago, Stoop said:

If I was a footballer I’d like to play for Celtic for a couple of years. Get a few winners medals and play in the champions league. After a while though it must get pretty tedious

Hate the blunts followed by Celtic, never play for either. 

If I was a footballer I’d like to play for Celtic for a couple of years. Get a few winners medals and play in the champions league. After a while though it must get pretty tedious

Then move on to Southampton and Liverpool respectively.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't see how playing football for a living could ever become tedious.  Especially playing in the top two leagues. 

Would hope that the vast majority of players realise they are in a privileged position and treat that position with respect.  I would guess most do especially after retiring from the game. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I can't see how playing football for a living could ever become tedious.  Especially playing in the top two leagues. 

Would hope that the vast majority of players realise they are in a privileged position and treat that position with respect.  I would guess most do especially after retiring from the game. 

Agree with that but a top class footballer is hardly going to be testing himself in the SPL is he

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Then move on to Southampton and Liverpool respectively.

This, the lad is only 19 and had 1 season playing football. I bet secretly his plan is to be at Celtic for 2 seasons, play some champions league football and then move to the PL.  Maybe he’s switched on enough to realise he may not play first team football at Norwich and is development is interrupted 

• Like 1

On 22/06/2019 at 12:49, Thurgoland Owl said:

60000 every other week most weeks away be lucky to get 15000!

Either that or be at Norwich getting splinters in your 'arris because you can't get in the first team! Which would you do to develop your career?

The videos of Stevie May made him look like Shearer before we signed him....so you can’t judge him until he played in a proper league.

But this lad is not gonna look any worse in coming seasons with better teammates and the same opposition. 

If he was that good, he wouldn’t be going to Celtic.