Moses Odubajo

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Well, I either never knew that or have completely forgotten it.  You live and learn.

It is true, he often cut in onto right foot . He was well balanced player injury unfortunately impacted career.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

If I had to choose between iorfa Palmer and obubajo I would have to say Palmer has to drop to the bench based on his quality however all 3 could fit in a side to be fair , 

Palmer has a role to play. 

He showed last season his ability. On a number occasions he looked our most assured player 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Do suspensions definitely carry over ? As in will iorfa be banned for Reading and Barnsley ?

I recall end of last season that Bannan had to be withheld from a game just in case he was carded which would have meant match bans, but was OK to play in final game because not carried over into next season (at least that's the way I understood this tactic anyway) 

20 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Palmer has a role to play. 

He showed last season his ability. On a number occasions he looked our most assured player 

Certainly has a role to play but quality wise I think iorfa and odubajo do have more to offer but Palmer certainly will play plenty of games 

26 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

If I had to choose between iorfa Palmer and obubajo I would have to say Palmer has to drop to the bench based on his quality however all 3 could fit in a side to be fair , 

Out of those three, Palmer is the best right back, but all three could do a job if called upon

12 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

I recall end of last season that Bannan had to be withheld from a game just in case he was carded which would have meant match bans, but was OK to play in final game because not carried over into next season (at least that's the way I understood this tactic anyway) 

It was the final game that bannan missed. Correct about account the suspension though

On 17/06/2019 at 20:43, Ever the pessimist said:

Remarkable that he elected to take a penalty v Inter Milan for villa  with his weaker foot then.

https://youtu.be/Dj8_AzyCqaM

To be fair I would say I am more left-footed than right but have always taken penalties with my right. Never quite against the likes of Inter Milan and just put it down to the fact I am a bit odd in respect of those kind of things - bowl left-handed, bat right-handed for example. :ghoulguy:

Denis Irwin is probably one of the most notable examples of a full-back playing on the 'wrong side' but I don't think I have ever seen or heard Phil King being referred to as right-footed. 

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Out of those three, Palmer is the best right back, but all three could do a job if called upon

Palmer's come on leaps and bounds and is now a decent Championship fullback, but Odubajo looked way ahead of anything Palmer's produced when he played at right back in Hull's promotion season.

I didn't really pay much attention to Brentford last season, where he apparently played on the left of midfield more than anywhere else, but what have you seen that makes you say that he wouldn't be a better bet at right back than Palmer?

Unless he's suffered a fairly catastrophic drop-off in performances, then he'd be ahead of Palmer every time for me.

26 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think it is difficult to describe “ the best right back”

It all depends on what you want your full backs to do.

While a full back has to be able to defend to the level required and I think what you mean is that Palmer is the best defensive right back of the three. This might be true but Bruce got Hull promoted with Obujado at right back.

Bruce has always liked full backs who can bomb forward all day and this is Palmer’s weakness.

He hasn’t got the stamina.

Strangely I think it will depend on how he manages to strengthen the rest of the team. 

He likes a solid spine to allow the full backs to get forward. If he brings in a better, solid defensive midfielder and gets Hector or equivalent to give us that spine I can see him going with attacking fullbacks.

If not he might have to play Palmer at fullback and Obujado wide midfield.