Moses Odubajo

6 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Palmer in my opinion is a better LB than RB.

I certainly don't agree with Odubajo as 'dubious cover' he played the majority of his 30+ games last season at LB.

With a 3-5-2 it's an attacking wing back though isn't it. No way Palmer can play that role, he's not quick enough and not attacking enough

2 minutes ago, Minton said:

With a 3-5-2 it's an attacking wing back though isn't it. No way Palmer can play that role, he's not quick enough and not attacking enough

Hence why we are signing Bidwell and Odubajo.

Palmer is certainly good enough cover along with Penney.

9 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Palmer in my opinion is a better LB than RB.

I certainly don't agree with Odubajo as 'dubious cover' he played the majority of his 30+ games last season at LB.

And he played most of his games on the left wing, not at LB

4 games at RB

4 games at RM

6 games at LB

15 games at LM

6 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Hence why we are signing Bidwell and Odubajo.

Palmer is certainly good enough cover along with Penney.

only has 10 assists in his entire career, no way is he a good enough attacker to be covering at wing-back

15 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

If they had signed why wouldn't they have been announced? Especially to help market season tickets etc.? 

Contracts don't end until June 30th, so any free transfer players are still employed by their previous club. They're usually announced July 1st when their contracts start with their new club

Edited by Minton
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

If they had signed why wouldn't they have been announced? Especially to help market season tickets etc.? 

They always seem to wait until they are at the ground and can have photos and interviews. Maybe they are waiting til holidays are over 

Again, if we are planning to play 3-5-2, Reach would be the odd man out in midfield, as he isn’t particularly effective centrally. 

I can see us selling Reach, and using the money to fund a bid for Hector, and looking for an attacking midfielder, who is more comfortable playing centrally. Maybe that was the reason for our supposed interest in Powell? Pretty certain we can find a gifted youngster to bring in on loan from one of the big six

12 minutes ago, Minton said:

Contracts don't end until June 30th, so any free transfer players are still employed by their previous club. They're usually announced July 1st when their contracts start with their new club

Keep seeing this. There’s been loads of signings announced where the player has been out of contract at another club. Why would ours be any different?

1 minute ago, JC3 said:

Keep seeing this. There’s been loads of signings announced where the player has been out of contract at another club. Why would ours be any different?

Only if we were trying to save wages?

7 minutes ago, JC3 said:

Loads? Like who? I'm not sure I've seen any free transfer signings announced yet?

Edited by Minton

7 minutes ago, JC3 said:

Good point, didn’t think of that. Probably is the case. 

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Only if we were trying to save wages?

The contract doesn't come into affect until the 1st of July so it's nothing to do with saving wages.

I remember Nixon mentioned about delaying announcements so the money is shown in the 19/20 accounts rather than 18/19 accounts.

Hence why Stoke haven't announced the signings of Gregory, Davies etc.

55 minutes ago, Minton said:

Odubajo played the majority of last season as a left wing back & is a far better player than Palmer & Penney.

We’ve always taken always our time announcing things under Chansiri. The players are all on holiday, he’s probably in Thailand. It’s really no big deal and I don’t think the fact that other clubs have announced free transfers means we haven’t signed any.

Stretch out and wait

4 minutes ago, JC3 said:

Almost none? Do you need help counting?

To be fair although there have been a fair few signings across all leagues, in the Championship there has been less than 10. I'm predicting the next 2 weeks we will see a few announcements from the club.