Moses Odubajo

13 hours ago, Quist said:

Not sure how long you have been around but not necessarily best attacker plays in front, it is the one with most balance. Think Palmer will play on left or viw for spot with Penney. Iorfa is not a centre half on what seen so far. He looked good going forward. At centre half you need to remain switched on all game and do not think he has shown this from defensive standpoint. Plenty of promise to go forward.

Those might be the issues with Iorfa at centre back, I’ve never seen him play there. However, I have seen him play right back, and he has similar shortcomings when he plays there. He gets forward well, and can be a threat in the opponents box, but he ain’t good enough defensively to be a starter at right back. In a different system, a wing back, then probably, yes

Too many ways to juggle it tbh..

Fletch/Rhodes
Nando - Turnbull - Hutch - Bannan - Odubajo
Penney - Lees - Iorfa - Palmer
Westwood

Fletch/Rhodes
Palmer - Borner - Lees - Iorfa
Westwood

Fletch/Rhodes
Nando - Turnbull - Hutch - Bannan - Reach
Palmer - Lees - Iorfa - Odubajo
Westwood

Does feel like Odubajo would play in midfield tho, not that that's a bad thing.

4 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Too many ways to juggle it tbh..

Fletch/Rhodes
Penney - Lees - Iorfa - Palmer
Westwood

Fletch/Rhodes
Palmer - Borner - Lees - Iorfa
Westwood

Fletch/Rhodes
Nando - Turnbull - Hutch - Bannan - Reach
Palmer - Lees - Iorfa - Odubajo
Westwood

Does feel like Odubajo would play in midfield tho, not that that's a bad thing.

Turnbull is going to Celtic, but another option would be.. 

Westwood 

Odubajo  Lees  Börner  Penney 

New DM    Bannan 

Turnbull    Lee     Forestieri 

Fletcher  

6 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Westwood 

New DM    Bannan 

Fletcher  

That left hand side looks solid defensively :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Westwood 

New DM    Bannan 

Fletcher  

Dropping both Iorfa and Palmer?
And playing Turnbull who you said was going to go to Celtic..

I'm fairly confused by that lineup. :D

Just now, Owls-Fan said:

Going for the keegan approach of outscoring the oppo

:Sid:

image.thumb.png.b9d49cf117e8975d40b51fac91f8ea1a.png

I would love to see Penney, Bannan and Forestieri playing little triangles and one two's around people down the left.

Love it.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Quist said:

Not sure how long you have been around but not necessarily best attacker plays in front, it is the one with most balance. Think Palmer will play on left or viw for spot with Penney. Iorfa is not a centre half on what seen so far. He looked good going forward. At centre half you need to remain switched on all game and do not think he has shown this from defensive standpoint. Plenty of promise to go forward.

Exactly. If the more attack minded wide player is positioned further forward, as a no. 11, there is danger that too much of a gap develops between the two. That's all the space a good opposition winger needs to exploit. What you're looking for is the overlap, the overload on the oppos full back.

Think back to Kingy and Irish. Worthington always played more further forward, but King would overlap. Worthington also had the smarts to cover the lb spot.

Moses could turn out to be one of Bruce's smartest signings? Seems a clever signing and a good fit like Iorfa. Should strengthen our squad and his versatility will come in handy too. Don't know anything about Borner but hopefully he turns out to be a gem or a useful squad player.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Exactly. If the more attack minded wide player is positioned further forward, as a no. 11, there is danger that too much of a gap develops between the two. That's all the space a good opposition winger needs to exploit. What you're looking for is the overlap, the overload on the oppos full back.

Think back to Kingy and Irish. Worthington always played more further forward, but King would overlap. Worthington also had the smarts to cover the lb spot.

It was he King / Worthington relationship on left which helped me understand how a team was set up. In addition to your points (which I fully agree with) Ron Atkinson said you always play least balanced player furthest forward hence totally left sided Worthigton got to play in front of King. king was right footed but could use left. he explained how this worked in an interview. I have seen numerous examples where rule has been proved. I remember Briscoe starting a game on left wing and it was clear him and left back(can not remember who played left back that day) should be changed round and at half time it happened. 

13 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Moses could turn out to be one of Bruce's smartest signings? Seems a clever signing and a good fit like Iorfa. Should strengthen our squad and his versatility will come in handy too. Don't know anything about Borner but hopefully he turns out to be a gem or a useful squad player.

If he can stay fit could be a brilliant signing. His bad injury not so long ago is a massive concern for me though. We always seem to have poo luck with injuries 

1 hour ago, Quist said:

It was he King / Worthington relationship on left which helped me understand how a team was set up. In addition to your points (which I fully agree with) Ron Atkinson said you always play least balanced player furthest forward hence totally left sided Worthigton got to play in front of King. king was right footed but could use left. he explained how this worked in an interview. I have seen numerous examples where rule has been proved. I remember Briscoe starting a game on left wing and it was clear him and left back(can not remember who played left back that day) should be changed round and at half time it happened. 

Phil king was right footed?

Image result for what was I watching

Sounds like he could be a gem on a free. Young pacy so gives us something different and his versatility will be extremely handy.

Some worried about his injury but he played 35 games for Brentford last year. Only thing puzzling is the Bees declined to renew his contract, is that because he told them he wanted to move onto a bigger club or because they still had fitness concerns long term?

I trust Bruce wouldn't sign anyone he has fitness concerns about though, so I'm excited about this one.

46 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Sounds like he could be a gem on a free. Young pacy so gives us something different and his versatility will be extremely handy.

Some worried about his injury but he played 35 games for Brentford last year. Only thing puzzling is the Bees declined to renew his contract, is that because he told them he wanted to move onto a bigger club or because they still had fitness concerns long term?

I trust Bruce wouldn't sign anyone he has fitness concerns about though, so I'm excited about this one.

Wrong way round.