20 minutes ago, The Horse said:

Sell the Championship's best player cos he missed a penalty in a nothing game in which others did far less.

A player that's been ravaged by injury in the last two years and been through the mill of the justice system due to an upstart tinpot club getting the face on.

Too many Wednesday fans would still prefer a team of Andy Booths that lost every single game but it's alreyt cos he's not a fancy dan.

He's the Championship's Messi and I can't wait to see him fit and clear of purgatory in a rejuvenated Bruce galvanized squad.

You're all mental if you want him gone.

Not performing week in, week out and hasn’t for 2 years. Over hyped player who hasn’t been able do it at this level on a regular basis for the past two seasons.

One great goal this season and that’s about it I am afraid. I would listen to offers and look for someone more consistent and hungry who is going to play more than 15 games a season.

Bloody terrible penalty. Genuinly one of the worst I've seen.

On the other hand....

With a full pre season behind him and Bruce at the helm we might just be able to get him back to his best. 

He's had injuries. He's 29. I get that. 

And I know we could do with making a few quid but , genuine question would we make enough flogging him to be able to buy anyone of similar ability?  I'm not so sure and I am pretty sure that's one of the quesrions Bruce will be asking himsen. 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

7 hours ago, The Horse said:

Sell the Championship's best player cos he missed a penalty in a nothing game in which others did far less.

A player that's been ravaged by injury in the last two years and been through the mill of the justice system due to an upstart tinpot club getting the face on.

Too many Wednesday fans would still prefer a team of Andy Booths that lost every single game but it's alreyt cos he's not a fancy dan.

He's the Championship's Messi and I can't wait to see him fit and clear of purgatory in a rejuvenated Bruce galvanized squad.

You're all mental if you want him gone.

He’s nowhere near our best player, let alone the best player in the Championship.

He barely plays. Nobody knows his best position. Our record with him starting this season is abysmal.

There’s a small chance Bruce can sort out his fitness and his role, but I really doubt it. It would neither surprise me nor disappoint me if Bruce has already seen enough of FF and he gets sold in the Summer.

7 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Excellent post.

Our fans are determined to drive out a talented player at any opportunity. Its baffling and they can twist their.poo all they want

Thankfully those in charge of recruitment/retention are not within owlstalk

He's one of the 'cool name' players. 

Done absolutely naff all for 2 seasons apart from score that awesome goal against norwich but people still treat him like he's the love child of Messi and Ronaldo.

Honestly, if his name was Fred Forest he'd be on most fans dead-wood pile. 

13 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

Had to be moved from wide left to striker because he was offering no cover to the full back. 

Can forgive a poor penalty, but it’s a lazy penalty, more bothered about a stupid penalty rather than just making sure he hits the target.

Straight after the penalty we get a free kick in a great opportunity to cross, he shoots and send it’s over. 

Ignores the opportunity to pass to players in better positions than himself because he’ll just keep twisting and turning hoping a shooting opportunity arises. 

Hes an amazing player, can do incredible things but it seems it’s when he wants and it’s not on a regular basis. He’s just not the Fernando Forestieri of 15/16 fans keep telling themselves. 

To be fair to FF it was exactly the same type of pen he scored away at Huddersfield a couple of years ago, not 'lazy', just poorly executed. 

All the players bar Westwood and Hector were far off it yesterday so I shan't be reading into any of the performances (or lack thereof). 

If we get a good offer for FF we'd be foolish to not look at it seriously, but I wouldn't be making it a priority to ship him out.

17 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

To be fair to FF it was exactly the same type of pen he scored away at Huddersfield a couple of years ago, not 'lazy', just poorly executed. 

All the players bar Westwood and Hector were far off it yesterday so I shan't be reading into any of the performances (or lack thereof). 

If we get a good offer for FF we'd be foolish to not look at it seriously, but I wouldn't be making it a priority to ship him out.

And to be fair it was exactly the same “poorly executed” penalty that he took against Brighton away the other year and also against Huddersfield in the play offs. Just not a team player. More bothered about scoring a clever looking Pogba style penalty than actually just scoring the penalty. 

This all doesn't boil down to 1 game with Forestieri or 1 penalty miss. But we haven’t seen him play to level of 15/16 or any sort of consistency in over 2 years... he’s now 29... essentially moving him on would be best for us and him, give me a grafter every single day over a Forestieri. 

2 hours ago, poite said:

He's one of the 'cool name' players. 

Done absolutely naff all for 2 seasons apart from score that awesome goal against norwich but people still treat him like he's the love child of Messi and Ronaldo.

Honestly, if his name was Fred Forest he'd be on most fans dead-wood pile. 

Forget his 5 in 10 at end of last season?

17 hours ago, Mus said:

TBH I'm sick of FF, he's petulant and of late not that good either. Get rid I say.

Would have been gutted if we'd sold him two years ago, now it would be bearable if we got decent money for him . 

18 hours ago, Owlsend said:

Probably will get shot down here but wouldn’t be disappointed if he was sold in the summer he’s scored a few Wonder Goals But majority of the time is just a player for himself I almost think he missed a penalty on purpose

Would agree with some points but FFs ego wouldnt allow him to deliberately miss the pen.

17 minutes ago, bobness said:

Wasn't planning on watching the highlights, but had to see what the fuss was about.

Forget the miss, why was it even a penalty?

That's what Forestieri seemed to be saying to their player before he took it.