17 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If someone offered us 5m then I'd accept it. He's not as good as he was and he's a luxury at times we can't afford.

If we don't get 5m offer though then we do keep him and try and get the most out of him.

His contract is up next season however.

No. Needs to be transferred out for whatever we can get.

Worth nothing at all this time next year.

Thats the harsh reality of life in the Championship without parachute payments.

13 minutes ago, Blatter said:

No. Needs to be transferred out for whatever we can get.

Worth nothing at all this time next year.

Thats the harsh reality of life in the Championship without parachute payments.

Disagree.

As much as it would help us on the pitch to let him go, it's not worth it in terms of FFP to let him go for any offer.

58 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Disagree.

As much as it would help us on the pitch to let him go, it's not worth it in terms of FFP to let him go for any offer.

Hi Dephon

So you prefer to lose him for nothing at all in a year’s time ?

45 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Hi Dephon

So you prefer to lose him for nothing at all in a year’s time ?

Pretty sure we'll offer him a new deal regardless. Forestieri won't be a player we'll be actively looking to sell.

A gain of a million won't mean much either way for us in FFP.

5 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

And to be fair it was exactly the same “poorly executed” penalty that he took against Brighton away the other year and also against Huddersfield in the play offs. Just not a team player. More bothered about scoring a clever looking Pogba style penalty than actually just scoring the penalty. 

This all doesn't boil down to 1 game with Forestieri or 1 penalty miss. But we haven’t seen him play to level of 15/16 or any sort of consistency in over 2 years... he’s now 29... essentially moving him on would be best for us and him, give me a grafter every single day over a Forestieri. 

You're clearly not a fan of FF, but suggesting he was more bothered about taking a 'type' of penalty than actually scoring it is laughable to be honest, let's not be silly. His record is below, completely agree that he is not reliable enough from the spot. 

Wolves (a): scores

Wolves (h): scores

Huddersfield (a): scores

Brighton (a): misses

Huddersfield (h - shootout): misses

Hull (h): scores

QPR (h): misses

When FF is 'on it' he's certainly a team player and is a great example of how to 'defend from the front', his chasing, harassing and harrying got us so many goals in that first season for example. Also many people seem to forget the brilliant form he was in having come back from injury last season, he was back to his best. His problem is he can be easily affected during a game, whether it be an opposition player winding him up or like yesterday a bad miss, he wasn't the same after it, it's at those times you need a proper captain on the pitch to bring him round. 

We'd be silly to not listen to offers with him now being in the last year of his contract, thankfully we have Bruce at the helm who will be able to make judgement. I personally think Bruce will back himself to get the best out of FF, and I doubt Chansiri will get what he wants for him anyway.

That being said we brought him in for £3 million and I think he's been an excellent signing and one of the few big money signing successes for us, 38 league goals from 81 league starts isn't too shabby either given a large chunk of that was from the left. 

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Pretty sure we'll offer him a new deal regardless. Forestieri won't be a player we'll be actively looking to sell.

A gain of a million won't mean much either way for us in FFP.

Doesn’t need a new deal he’s under a contract that’s already costing the club well North of £1million/annum.

46 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

You're clearly not a fan of FF, but suggesting he was more bothered about taking a 'type' of penalty than actually scoring it is laughable to be honest, let's not be silly. His record is below, completely agree that he is not reliable enough from the spot. 

When FF is 'on it' he's certainly a team player and is a great example of how to 'defend from the front', his chasing, harassing and harrying got us so many goals in that first season for example. Also many people seem to forget the brilliant form he was in having come back from injury last season, he was back to his best. His problem is he can be easily affected during a game, whether it be an opposition player winding him up or like yesterday a bad miss, he wasn't the same after it, it's at those times you need a proper captain on the pitch to bring him round. 

We'd be silly to not listen to offers with him now being in the last year of his contract, thankfully we have Bruce at the helm who will be able to make judgement. I personally think Bruce will back himself to get the best out of FF, and I doubt Chansiri will get what he wants for him anyway.

That being said we brought him in for £3 million and I think he's been an excellent signing and one of the few big money signing successes for us, 38 league goals from 81 league starts isn't too shabby either given a large chunk of that was from the left. 

Sadly it wasn’t a large chunk.

Hes roughly played 80% CF striker and 20% left, yet his goals per game is WAY better from the left.

Huge mistake.

Edited by Holmowl

18 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Before his contract expires, which is next summer, we'll offer him a new deal.

You don’t know that and neither do I. Lets just agree to wait and see how it pans out. 

My guess, and of course it’s only a guess, is that Bruce is about to teach Chansiri how to operate in the Championship.

Ten out already if you count the loanees, but it’s not enough to stem those losses if he really wants 5 or six players to come in.

More have to go.

1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

He’s just not a team player. I did also say it’s not just about a few penalty misses.

I think Nando is an absolute top quality player but like you just said it’s when he’s “on it”. To suggest we need a captain to sort out a 29 year old man on the pitch is laughable.

As for the defend from the front, your correct and that is my point your referring back to his “first season” which is now 3 years ago, something he no longer offers us, he had to be moved yesterday from wide left to central because he wasn’t covering back. 

He’s scored some brilliant goals and given some fantastic moments. But it’s time to let go and move on as a club.

On 05/05/2019 at 18:47, 31Dec1966 said:

I DO mind, especially when the GK has already moved out of the way!  Hector took his as it should be done. Hit it as hard as you can from along run up.

On 05/05/2019 at 18:50, Mr. Tom said:

Shuffles in runup to penalties are...well, shuffle. Gerrit wammed.

Keepers must think it's their lucky day when they see the taker stood two yard off the ball.

Penalty taking success is 95% confidence and 5% luck. Anyone can hit the target from 12 yards. If you missed any previously it stays in your mind and creates that bit of uncertainty that is enough to make a shot that looks terrible. I was a penalty taker and did not miss for 10 years. Soon as I had one saved all of a sudden the goal looked half the size and feels like 20 yards away. 3 weeks after my first miss the next penalty was at Limb lane in December, wind blowing gusts at 80mph against me. Rain/hail was horizontal. Ball moved when just about to strike it and the wind and my poor strike made sure the ball did not even make it to the net before the wind blew the ball the opposite direction back towards me. 

Went from scoring 30 penalties on the trot to missing 2 in 3 weeks. The FF misses must have been on his mind against QPR. Nobody misses on purpose. SB knows enough to realise that FF has to be replaced by a new designated penalty taker after QPR miss. Missing a couple of pens does not mean FF is no longer a good footballer. It is his general play that defines this. Admittedly FF has not been at his best this or last season. He not alone. Injuries and fitness are the main reasons for FF and others under par form. SB has said many times that this is our biggest problem and the one he needs to solve ASAP if we are to be genuine promotion candidates. Why anyone would want to sell FF for anything other than his injury record is beyond me. A fully fit FF is easily one of the championships best players capable of scoring goals very few players can.

Lets see what SB can achieve with him with a new fitness regime implemented properly pre season and if SB gets it right we will see lots of players back to playing to the standard we know they are capable of next season.

On 06/05/2019 at 19:34, 1993swfc said:

He’s just not a team player. I did also say it’s not just about a few penalty misses.

I think Nando is an absolute top quality player but like you just said it’s when he’s “on it”. To suggest we need a captain to sort out a 29 year old man on the pitch is laughable.

As for the defend from the front, your correct and that is my point your referring back to his “first season” which is now 3 years ago, something he no longer offers us, he had to be moved yesterday from wide left to central because he wasn’t covering back. 

He’s scored some brilliant goals and given some fantastic moments. But it’s time to let go and move on as a club.

A fully fit FF is capable of still offering for us what he did when fully fit 3 years ago. A bit of faith in SB and what he will do to cure our shocking injury record is the key to getting nearly all of the players back to the form they can produce week in week out throughout a season with a run of games behind them. Its far too soon to write FF off. He played most of last season needing a knee operation and then snapped 2 hamstrings. These things take time to get over.

On 07/05/2019 at 04:31, Fuzzy logics said:

Wonder season for him next time round...

Nailed on.

(FACT)

Probably because we'll sell him and he'll do it for someone else. It's the Wednesday way!

:Sid: