2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Very soft penalty in the first place , was justice done with the miss ? 

Nobody really appealed for it, and I haven't seen a replay, but the ref clearly saw something. 

But if it was a foul in that position then surely it should have been a red card? Yet there was no card at all. No double jeopardy rule if it was a push or a shirt pull, as that wouldn't be a genuine attempt to play the ball.

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

It was the worst I've seen since Colin West against Luton, didn't even go near the goal.

But to answer the question, no, he scored one against Hull first home game of the season. 

Thats harsh. I remember Chris Bart Williams horrendous effort in that shoot out against Wolves in the 90s. The Colin West one against Luton was off the scale, and the worst I’ve seen a Wednesday player take.

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Nobody really appealed for it, and I haven't seen a replay, but the ref clearly saw something. 

But if it was a foul in that position then surely it should have been a red card? Yet there was no card at all. No double jeopardy rule if it was a push or a shirt pull, as that wouldn't be a genuine attempt to play the ball.

Yes that’s true maybe the ref bottled it but it wouldn’t have been right sending the defender off , if it had been given the other way we would have been very annoyed all the same . 

2 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

How exactly?

Had to be moved from wide left to striker because he was offering no cover to the full back. 

Can forgive a poor penalty, but it’s a lazy penalty, more bothered about a stupid penalty rather than just making sure he hits the target.

Straight after the penalty we get a free kick in a great opportunity to cross, he shoots and send it’s over. 

Ignores the opportunity to pass to players in better positions than himself because he’ll just keep twisting and turning hoping a shooting opportunity arises. 

Hes an amazing player, can do incredible things but it seems it’s when he wants and it’s not on a regular basis. He’s just not the Fernando Forestieri of 15/16 fans keep telling themselves. 

If someone offered us 5m then I'd accept it. He's not as good as he was and he's a luxury at times we can't afford.

If we don't get 5m offer though then we do keep him and try and get the most out of him.

His contract is up next season however.

21 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Thats harsh. I remember Chris Bart Williams horrendous effort in that shoot out against Wolves in the 90s. The Colin West one against Luton was off the scale, and the worst I’ve seen a Wednesday player take.

If FF had taken exactly the same pen as that Bart-Williams one today, it'd have been a goal. It was soft, but on target and the keeper didn't go the other way as he did today. FF's today was the worst I've seen since West's, I didn't say it was quite that bad!

3 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I DO mind, especially when the GK has already moved out of the way!  Hector took his as it should be done. Hit it as hard as you can from along run up.

Yeah and if it's smashed over by doing that, they should have picked a corner? The only right way to take a penalty is make sure it's in the back of the net.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Owlsend said:

Probably will get shot down here but wouldn’t be disappointed if he was sold in the summer he’s scored a few Wonder Goals But majority of the time is just a player for himself I almost think he missed a penalty on purpose

Even though you don’t categorically state ( in your opinion) he missed it on purpose   (you put almost),I find it staggering that you think a professional footballer might miss a penalty on purpose. 

His reaction showed how disappointed he was.

Guest The Horse

Sell the Championship's best player cos he missed a penalty in a nothing game in which others did far less.

A player that's been ravaged by injury in the last two years and been through the mill of the justice system due to an upstart tinpot club getting the face on.

Too many Wednesday fans would still prefer a team of Andy Booths that lost every single game but it's alreyt cos he's not a fancy dan.

He's the Championship's Messi and I can't wait to see him fit and clear of purgatory in a rejuvenated Bruce galvanized squad.

You're all mental if you want him gone.

18 minutes ago, The Horse said:

Sell the Championship's best player cos he missed a penalty in a nothing game in which others did far less.

A player that's been ravaged by injury in the last two years and been through the mill of the justice system due to an upstart tinpot club getting the face on.

Too many Wednesday fans would still prefer a team of Andy Booths that lost every single game but it's alreyt cos he's not a fancy dan.

He's the Championship's Messi and I can't wait to see him fit and clear of purgatory in a rejuvenated Bruce galvanized squad.

You're all mental if you want him gone.

Excellent post.

Our fans are determined to drive out a talented player at any opportunity. Its baffling and they can twist their.poo all they want