On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 18:08, Owls2k said:

You're clearly not a fan of FF, but suggesting he was more bothered about taking a 'type' of penalty than actually scoring it is laughable to be honest, let's not be silly. His record is below, completely agree that he is not reliable enough from the spot. 

Wolves (a): scores

Wolves (h): scores

Huddersfield (a): scores

Brighton (a): misses

Huddersfield (h - shootout): misses

Hull (h): scores

QPR (h): misses

When FF is 'on it' he's certainly a team player and is a great example of how to 'defend from the front', his chasing, harassing and harrying got us so many goals in that first season for example. Also many people seem to forget the brilliant form he was in having come back from injury last season, he was back to his best. His problem is he can be easily affected during a game, whether it be an opposition player winding him up or like yesterday a bad miss, he wasn't the same after it, it's at those times you need a proper captain on the pitch to bring him round. 

We'd be silly to not listen to offers with him now being in the last year of his contract, thankfully we have Bruce at the helm who will be able to make judgement. I personally think Bruce will back himself to get the best out of FF, and I doubt Chansiri will get what he wants for him anyway.

That being said we brought him in for £3 million and I think he's been an excellent signing and one of the few big money signing successes for us, 38 league goals from 81 league starts isn't too shabby either given a large chunk of that was from the left. 

I would assume part of this pre seasons changes will be assessing the players out of contract NEXT year, and getting them tied down as we did with Joao and Bannan last. Weather your a fan or not you HAVE to offer him a new deal and hope he signs, we can then negotiate a price for him if he is to be moved on or get the best out of him if he is to stay.

I would keep him ever day of the week myself. Wont get another player as good as him for a long while IMO.

On 07/05/2019 at 09:31, Fuzzy logics said:

Wonder season for him next time round...

Nailed on.

(FACT)

I remember reading the same thing on here before the season started and overall been a very poor season from him.
Sure if FF is at Wednesday we will see the odd flash of talent like the Norwich goal but not confident we will see enough of it to justify his reputation and high wages.

Hmm, i preferred Fessi's penalty to Fletcher's against Villa.

At least Fessi had an idea in his head on what he was going to do, stutter and send keeper wrong way (which he did) he just didn't do the easy bit lol.

I HATE penalty's like Fletcher's, the ones where players dont take much of a run up and softly tap it to one side.

22 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

Hmm, i preferred Fessi's penalty to Fletcher's against Villa.

At least Fessi had an idea in his head on what he was going to do, stutter and send keeper wrong way (which he did) he just didn't do the easy bit lol.

I HATE penalty's like Fletcher's, the ones where players dont take much of a run up and softly tap it to one side.

Shame your namesake didn’t take it.

The Ipswich keeper who faced Hooper’s rocket at Portman Rd two years ago is still praying every night, thanking God he didn’t get a finger on it.

• Thanks 1