Message from Big Hec

4 hours ago, 33 said:

100% agree if he's here.

Loved it when he picked the ball up for the second Pen.

Hooper had pointed to Dave and Hector fooked em both off with a 'I'm foookin having this' moment.

Lees was hiding somewhere.

For me if we can get him, I'd be pairing him with Thorniley next term.

You know you can credit our captain's centre half partner without having to discredit our captain... Lees is class at this level. Another player who the fans wont take too.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 33 said:

Lees was hiding somewhere.

Lees was busy being shouted at by Bruce! As Hec took the ball I noticed Steve yelling and gesticulating - first at the players, then at Lees, then he did a bit of a 'ah whatever' hand-wave as if to say 'fine, fsck it, let him take it'

Hector has found a home, like a stray cat, kicked around for years, never had a home.  Well, now he has a home, if the "law" says we can give him a home.  Hector likes his new home, and the family likes him.  He likes playing for SWFC, even if there's not enough receivers for his trademark long passes downfield, that's where the goals are, downfield.  He follows the ball downfield too, got no problem playing in the opponents' half of the field, or getting there in good time.

Hector on the penalty-kick.  Nothing fancy about it, it was just plain raw horsepower, and we all saw it when his run-up started 6 yards back, their GK knew what was coming too...a fast-ball, somewhere, his worst nightmare...and it came true.  

QPR won, but not because Hector didn't do his part.  He'll be back in SWFC insignia, for 2019-20.

All this talk of must sign him and all that is OK until we find out what Chelsea want for him. If we can't afford him then there's 3 teams coming down with 90 million quids worth of parachute money to spend. Plus 3 that go up and the rest of the teams in the 'lower' prem. 

Don't get me wrong, I want him back, but the reality may be that we can't afford him. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, newbster said:

Don't know if said before but maybe we could get another season loan with the promise of us signing him permanently at the end when his a free agent

not sure Chelsea would go for that …….

12 hours ago, Sonny said:

If he really... really wants to be here next seasons then surely that counts for a lot in negotiations with Chelsea. He doesn’t have to sign for anyone he doesn’t want to so how much do they want him off the wage bill. Gives us a fighting chance, I think.

This is what I'm hoping for, he tells them it's us or nobody, and he'll stay there for a year if not.

That should do it. 

Edited by daleblue

Does it seem strange, or is it just me? We are in a soft embargo, or nearly, with FFP. So, the Financial Report is late being filed, the Retained list is published early (for us) and the outcome is the release of some high paid players (reducing the wage bill for next year). Chelsea are in a transfer embargo as regards buying.

Maybe I'm suspicious of Financiers/Accountants and like, but is this a way round some of the restrictions of FFP? We have got rid of 10 players from the current list.This has reduced our squad to a large extent, and whilst this was needed, of the 10, some will have to be replaced by transfers, season long loans etc.

Maybe I'm just a suspicious old sod, but I can still see Hector coming back, either on loan, or when the Transfer Window opens..In other words, is my pint pot half full or half empty? 

14 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

You know you can credit our captain's centre half partner without having to discredit our captain... Lees is class at this level. Another player who the fans wont take too.

Just because some fans don’t rate him doesn’t mean they’re a player that “the fans won’t take too”

He’s an average championship centre half who can head it and kick it - a bit more old school compared to someone like Hector 

He has his good games and he has his bad games 

He also isn’t a leader 

21 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Just because some fans don’t rate him doesn’t mean they’re a player that “the fans won’t take too”

He’s an average championship centre half who can head it and kick it - a bit more old school compared to someone like Hector 

He has his good games and he has his bad games 

He also isn’t a leader 

I don't think anyone could disagree with that. 

49 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Does it seem strange, or is it just me? We are in a soft embargo, or nearly, with FFP. So, the Financial Report is late being filed, the Retained list is published early (for us) and the outcome is the release of some high paid players (reducing the wage bill for next year). Chelsea are in a transfer embargo as regards buying.

Maybe I'm suspicious of Financiers/Accountants and like, but is this a way round some of the restrictions of FFP? We have got rid of 10 players from the current list.This has reduced our squad to a large extent, and whilst this was needed, of the 10, some will have to be replaced by transfers, season long loans etc.

Maybe I'm just a suspicious old sod, but I can still see Hector coming back, either on loan, or when the Transfer Window opens..In other words, is my pint pot half full or half empty? 

I suspect rather than an embargo per se, we've been put in a position where we have to show the EFL we've set about getting our house in order in tangible, practical ways - and the 6 first-team wages (all hefty wages too) we've just sheared off the sharp end of the accounts will help enormously with that.

It may be that that's seen as enough *for now* (although I highly doubt they'll be the only outgoing players this summer), so long as we're able to continue to show a general pattern of reduced expenditure vs. income over the coming six months or whatever. If that's the case, then we most likely won't be prevented from making any signings - so long as it's clear where the money for them is coming from, and that it's less that the amount of expenditure we're dropping/freeing up.

Hector *should*, in theory, fit within that - he'll command a decent wedge, and fair enough, but it's only going to be worth one of the six released players' equivalent salary. If there's an actual transfer fee involved too, it's not going to be massive, and the released players' wages should also cover that I'd think.

The main issue IMO is whether or not his family/social life can be made to fit around playing in Sheffield full-time.

Of course there's also the risk that some other club could swoop for him, but tbh I think he's had plenty of that in his career - I doubt anything trumps a proper 'home' club and guaranteed game time for him personally right now, so I'd imagine we'd still be in with a very decent shout even if there is other high-profile competition for his signature. However, if that club was London-based, his decision might be made a lot more difficult.

Edited by Mr. Tom