Message from Big Hec

He can drive down and sign with Cahill 

thats the two centre backs we need to complete our squad for next year 

either sell or loan van Aken 

Keep thorniley around even though he won’t make the bench unless injuries or suspensions kick in he will learn a lot from Cahill 

this is not fantasy I’m taking it as fact Cahills a fan remember it’s either here for him or he’s going to get those scrubbers relegated 

Not all about money. Rhodes is the prime example. Got a ton of the stuff at Boro and didn't exactly enjoy his time there by the looks. Rumours are that Chelsea want to offload quite a few of their players who they loan out and get some new blood in. Hector has obviously enjoyed playing for us which is a big bonus for us I reckon.

• Like 1

They only problem is, we can't go to Chelsea now and be only nonchalant about getting him. They know we're keen.

Hoping they'll be reasonable and the fact he only has one year on his contract will push them to do a cheapish deal.

Sounds like the man wants to be here next season, but that’s less than half the battle.

Will have to wheel and deal, will probably cost us dearly in terms of outgoing players.

According to reports last month Joao is available (at a price) and on this season’s form Forestieri ought to be.

• Like 1

If he really... really wants to be here next seasons then surely that counts for a lot in negotiations with Chelsea. He doesn’t have to sign for anyone he doesn’t want to so how much do they want him off the wage bill. Gives us a fighting chance, I think.

The way Bruce made it public and the way Hecs come out and said 'hopefully see you soon' is very unlike what you normally see from players. It feels as though he is going to come back next season. I'm sure Bruce would be the sort of manager to have identified very early on and hopefully started dialogue with Chelsea a long time ago. 

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

If he really... really wants to be here next seasons then surely that counts for a lot in negotiations with Chelsea. He doesn’t have to sign for anyone he doesn’t want to so how much do they want him off the wage bill. Gives us a fighting chance, I think.

Agree, said it before. Reminds me of the Bannan situation. Player finally found a place he where he belongs. 

• Like 1