Message from Big Hec

19 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Of course there's also the risk that some other club could swoop for him, but tbh I think he's had plenty of that in his career - I doubt anything trumps a proper 'home' club and guaranteed game time for him personally right now, so I'd imagine we'd still be in with a very decent shout even if there is other high-profile competition for his signature. However, if that club was London-based, his decision might be made a lot more difficult.

Fulham would be a concern in this respect - hoping for a quick resolution one way or the other.

18 minutes ago, newbster said:

He only has one year left at Chelsea so if we could get him for another year then he can sign for us as a free agent after 

Indeed.  I suspect it's more like to be the spin of that coin though. ...one year left so Chelsea will want to force a full transfer 

• Like 1

I don't think Chelsea is after money in Hector's case, because he cannot be super expensive so it would be peanuts anyway. My guess is that a fee based on appearances or something like that is what would be the most probable one. They are probably happy to offload him because he won't get to their first team, and hopefully think of a place where he could fulfil his potential, right there under the wings of Stev3.

20 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

You know you can credit our captain's centre half partner without having to discredit our captain... Lees is class at this level. Another player who the fans wont take too.

Lees has tbf to him been much better since he came back into the team following Thorniley's injury.

That said he has still been the odd poor game which included a very poor performance a Deepdale last week.

He was a stand out poor performer in the first half of the season, among others it as to be said in fairness.

Tom doesn't strike me as a natural leader and if Hector were here then he would be a shoe in for me.

Under Bruce I would hope and expect both Tom and Jordan would improve but my opinion is that Jordan overtook Tom this season.

Yep he now needs to wait his turn but with Hector we would have three very competent CBs at the club.

Top fella on and off the pitch.  Just started on that there Instagram and follow Big Hec and is brilliant on that.  

Great player and looks as though his team mates love him too.   He makes Lees a better player so double win. 

If commercials can be agreed it is a no brainer.  Will Chelsea want a Kings Ransom - probably not.  They have bigger fish to fry plus remember Hec is one of about 30 players who they have out on loan and also he has never played for Chelsea.  Maybe if we don't send him back they will not realise. 

He loves it here and has found a home.