Club Statement

16 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

We must also congratulate Norwich City on their promotion and offer our commiserations to Ipswich Town, Bolton Wanderers and Rotherham United. We wish Sheffield United a speedy return to the Championship.

- Helmut_Rooster 

:duntmatter:

Getting back into the Championship for Bolton might be a push especially starting between minus 10 and minus 20 points. :duntmatter:

6 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

A touch of class from us as a club this. Absolutely no problem with us doing it. The bad blood between the clubs recently has been pretty awful really, not a comfortable experience for me. It's not needed. I hate em as much as the next Owl but some people take it too far. They're bitter and twisted, we're gracious and classy. Let's keep it like this. Well done DC and whoever else was involved in this. 

Yeah exactly, I sat lower left of south for derby match once, and you can see the blades and both sets of fans are laughing etc., that's how it should be - probably some of your mates are in that stand

3 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Rimming. :Sid:

Eating my lunch at my desk and proper choked laughing at that. Rimming-great word I haven’t heard in ages. Got super noodles hanging out of my nose and all over me keyboard.:duntmatter:

Hope your colleagues were open minded. What you laughing at! Owlstalk at work = danger, & quite possibly the sack

Edited by Colinwestzicoest

18 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Wonder if the OT bus is insured for CW falling off.

He looked pure class last time.

FFS our chairman is kissing their arrse and now Owlstalk is sending an official bus to take them on their bus parade. 

This summer can't get any worse! 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, folger said:

Just goes to show we are the class act of the city. They are the dregs, pretenders and impostors. 

You really can’t call us classy when a worrying number of our fans have been calling Wilders daughter all sorts and their keeper a paedo. 

Too many of us have let United get under our skin the past 2 years. Poor.

DC’s statement epitomises the class of the guy.

Can you imagine if the situation was reversed and we’d

have gone up instead?!! Can you imagine them releasing a similar statement?? No neither can I. They are twisted with bitterness. Always have been and always will be. 

The cream will once again rise to the top in time. I feel that under Bruce we are heading in the right direction. 

Id far rather be an Owl in the Championship than a Blade in the Premiership. 

Edited by Tudders
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You really can’t call us classy when a worrying number of our fans have been calling Wilders daughter all sorts and their keeper a paedo. 

Are you suffering from memory problems? 

One minute you're praising United to the hilt; the next your moaning about our chairman offering them congratulations; then you're  complaining about our fans allowing them to get under our skin?!:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I suppose calling Ched a rapist is unclassy too?

• Haha 1

If it had been the other way round, would they have issued a similar statement? Something tells me not.

Come to Nottingham and ask who's the classier club in Sheffield. You'll be hard pressed to find a Forest fan who prefers United ahead of us.

United fans won't appreciate it - "Chansiri's just jealous"

It's their way of thinking, always has, always will be.

Anyhow, stuff them. We've got a proper manager these days, Chansiri needs to back him to the hilt. We can reach the same level.

4 minutes ago, Tudders said:

DC’s statement epitomises the class of the guy.

Can you imagine if the situation was reversed and we’d

have gone up instead?!! Can you imagine them releasing a similar statement?? No neither can I. They are twisted with bitterness. Always have been and always will be. 

The cream will once again rise to the top in time. I feel that under Bruce we are heading in the right direction. 

Id far rather be an Owl in the Championship than a Blade in the Premiership. 

They'd have been a statement saying that they get more kids in their ground than us.

• Haha 1

Just now, g-owls said:

If it had been the other way round, would they have issued a similar statement? Something tells me not.

Come to Nottingham and ask who's the classier club in Sheffield. You'll be hard pressed to find a Forest fan who prefers United ahead of us.

United fans won't appreciate it - "Chansiri's just jealous"

It's their way of thinking, always has, always will be.

Anyhow, stuff them. We've got a proper manager these days, Chansiri needs to back him to the hilt. We can reach the same level.

Someone mentioned it earlier - the pigs won't know what to think because being complimentary about their rivals isn't in their nature. It's why they are Pigs.

It will wind them up even more now and that's what's great about it. Bet Wilder is seething.

26 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Are you suffering from memory problems? 

One minute you're praising United to the hilt; the next your moaning about our chairman offering them congratulations; then you're  complaining about our fans allowing them to get under our skin?!:duntmatter:

I’ve only ever praised their manager, the way they’ve gone about their football and their group of players. Which I think is completely fair. 

As a club they will always act bitter and obsessed, they’ve celebrated promotion in true Blades fashion. 

I’m not moaning at our chairman, I just knew this would get a lot of backlash because our fans on twitter are absolutely pathetic. The comments to the statement on twitter make us look stupid. But I don’t expect anything less from our fanbase who have let themselves down on a number of occasions since we lost to Huddersfield. Myself included, we’ve all become big cry babies. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

TBH I think United going up now might work in our favour. For the next 12 months the Local Media will be jizzing themselves even more than usual and more than likely claiming that Wilder is a better manager than Guardiola, Klopp, Pochettino etc. while we can just go quietly about our business and who knows the roles maybe completely reversed this time next year and then Chansiri can put out another statement this time aimed at the Local Media with the title 'screw you, Wednesday are back' :laugh: