Club Statement

7 minutes ago, samowl said:

Maybe DC ought to congratulate pigs on their pricing policy as well. 

Shiite will hit the fan next year when we are charging £42 for Luton at home on a wet Wednesday and they can afford to charge £30 for Man Utd. 

2 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

They HATE Wednesday taking the moral high ground. They hate us showing any type of class. 

They want us to be bitter. 

It also embarrasses their club somewhat - hiring a Steve Bruce impressionist, players singing about Wednesday. Wilder calling Leeds players muppets. It just further highlights the classlessness of them. 

I've not been watching/reading anything to do with them since they got promotion, they hired a Steve Bruce impressionist really?? What's all that about? 

43 minutes ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

Not sure why our fans are losing their heads over this.

It's just another example in the sharp contrast in class between the two clubs, especially behind the scenes. If you think Chansiri 'doesn't get it' then you couldn't be more wrong. He'll be fully aware of the constant digs made by CW regarding our wage budget and how they immitted the word 'Sheffield' from 'Sheffield Wednesday' in their official matchday programme, but rather than sinking to their level we've congratulated them and wished them good luck. 

THIS!!!!

17 minutes ago, RichieB said:

I've not been watching/reading anything to do with them since they got promotion, they hired a Steve Bruce impressionist really?? What's all that about? 

It’s tragic isn’t it mate...not to mention poor taste/classless. Even by their standards.  I spotted it on Twitter - there’s a video knocking about. Not even a good impression of Bruce - I think it might be Darren Farley.

3 hours ago, Whoosh22 said:

"Few things in life unite and divide opinion like football. But one thing at this stage of every season is undebatable and I would like to offer the warm congratulations of everyone at Sheffield Wednesday to everyone at our neighbours Sheffield United for their achievement of promotion. 

We may be rivals but we are friends of the same city that holds such unique tradition in the football world. Recognition in the Premier League can only benefit Sheffield and we wish United well, whilst promising our loyal supporters that we will be giving our absolute best to ensure Wednesday will be tasting the same success this time next year.

We must also congratulate Norwich City on their promotion and offer our commiserations to Ipswich Town, Bolton Wanderers and Rotherham United. We wish you a speedy return to the Championship.

- Dejphon Chansiri"

We must also congratulate Norwich City on their promotion and offer our commiserations to Ipswich Town, Bolton Wanderers and Rotherham United. We wish Sheffield United a speedy return to the Championship.

- Helmut_Rooster 

:duntmatter:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

Not sure why our fans are losing their heads over this.

It's just another example in the sharp contrast in class between the two clubs, especially behind the scenes. If you think Chansiri 'doesn't get it' then you couldn't be more wrong. He'll be fully aware of the constant digs made by CW regarding our wage budget and how they immitted the word 'Sheffield' from 'Sheffield Wednesday' in their official matchday programme, but rather than sinking to their level we've congratulated them and wished them good luck. 

Yep!

A touch of class from us as a club this. Absolutely no problem with us doing it. The bad blood between the clubs recently has been pretty awful really, not a comfortable experience for me. It's not needed. I hate em as much as the next Owl but some people take it too far. They're bitter and twisted, we're gracious and classy. Let's keep it like this. Well done DC and whoever else was involved in this. 

• Like 1