Club Statement

41 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

https://www.gofundme.com/pigs-windup-air-banner?fbclid=IwAR2luLkV59Zb07mcU955hh0MQ3RgbSrDCcsHYYmhserTHJoJ5YLTlF-9lOE

Christ. Grown men have donated as much as 50 quid to make this happen.

Saddo’s 

Quite surprised not to ser Wilders name not in the donation list.

I'll give the pilot a laugh and wave if it happens.

Watching all that giro money flying off into the midday sun.

9 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Would people rather win dirty and get to the Prem in play off final. Fouling, niggling, tinewasting?

Or lose but have played with plenty of class. 

I don't think the two things are mutually exclusive.

How about we win the play off final with class?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Hardly a divide going on - certainly not how you’re describing it.  

So how would you discribe some fans thinking its a great gesture and some fans going mental over it? ...would that not be like creating a bit of a divide??

Go on you explain to me, maybe I got it wrong ??

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I don't think the two things are mutually exclusive.

How about we win the play off final with class?

I'd win it any way possible and I would laugh if the pigs congratulated us along the way too. I'd laugh if they didn't. Nowt they do bothers me. The more they hate us the better. Let them enjoy it. Let them hire a Bruce impersonator. It's just tinpot banter. 

4 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Of course, they cheated how else would they have achieved it? 

In all seriousness, that's what's made it so painful for me.

The fact that they did nowt wrong.

There's just nothing you can say as a retort.

They've done it exactly how we'd want it done.

One of our own in charge, playing decent football with decently-priced players and decently-priced tickets.

I still think that their board will wee wee tail it up, but on the grass I'm not sure how you could top what they did.

If this statement is actually bothering you, like properly making you angry you need to give your head a wobble.

I totally agree that the people who have been going over the top to praise United are embarrassing, you can acknowledge an achievement without having to ar5e kiss. This statement does it fine, it also serves as a response to United employing the impersonator as well as possibly a message to our own players that Chansiri wants promotion in 12 months time.

I wouldn't mind if it was an annual thing that he'd done since he arrived, congrats to the winners, commiserations to the losers and good luck to the 4 teams in the play offs (if we aren't in them) kind of thing. That would be nice enough, if entirely pointless, but don't rush out to congratulate them and certainly not on our behalf.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Quite surprised not to ser Wilders name not in the donation list.

I'll give the pilot a laugh and wave if it happens.

Watching all that giro money flying off into the midday sun.

Yes, Milud, Wilder's vulvaceous enough.

Let's hope there's one flying over the Lane a year hence as their relegation is confirmed.

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

So how would you discribe some fans thinking its a great gesture and some fans going mental over it? ...would that not be like creating a bit of a divide??

Go on you explain to me, maybe I got it wrong ??

Like pretty much everything that happens at the club ever then. Who gives a shït really if people are going mental over a poxy statement. Weird behaviour. Some people think one thing, others think another thing. I guess you can call it a ‘divide’ if you like. Personally I couldn’t give a tośs if it is a divide.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, Milud, Wilder's vulvaceous enough.

Let's hope there's one flying over the Lane a year hence as their relegation is confirmed.

Of course, we could just hire the lad in the "incoming signing" fred and shoot theirs down lol 

• Haha 1

Next season they need three teams to finish behind them.

It is slightly ominous for them that there are no very obvious candidates other than Norwich. My view is that WBA will go up; if not them Villa; and whoever it is will be the strongest of the promoted sides.

Brighton are weak, but capable of spending.

I predict that whatever else is true we shall have a more enjoyable season than them next season. (Until the play offs...)

The only uncomfortable aspect of this for me is the very public way it has been conducted.

If Chansiri wants to congratulate or commiserate other teams in the league, that is entirely a matter for him. But this thing could have been done in private. Let them decide whether to make the matter public or not.

Or alternatively, a club statement could have been drafted in such a way that it related to matters concerning our club and performances this year with one hidden paragraph stating that he has sent congratulatory/commiseration messages to other club.

To put out an official club statement focussed entirely on such matters appears to me to be political by-play with ulterior motives. As many have suggested in this thread, a blatant attempt to grab the moral high ground.

However, in the bigger scheme of things, it is not so important and will quickly come to pass. Onwards and hopefully upwards!

11 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

When we go up we will give it to them. 

Look how we took the wee wee when they lost to Huddersfield.

Just footballing banter just look past it and start booking the plane when they go down.  

Indeed.

As in other fields notably politics this is about the anonymity provided by the internet making people behave badly.

I know a few of their fans. I haven't seen or heard from any recently. Later this month I shall see my son's girlfriend's family. They are Pig. Perfectly nice people, if not ones you would necessarily want to be in charge of the wine list, bless them. I suspect there will be a bit of "booking our tickets for Old Trafford" followed by some "enjoy it while it lasts". In other words, normal conversation between normal people about a topic that in the end doesn't matter all that much

Just now, thewookieisdown said:

Indeed.

As in other fields notably politics this is about the anonymity provided by the internet making people behave badly.

I know a few of their fans. I haven't seen or heard from any recently. Later this month I shall see my son's girlfriend's family. They are Pig. Perfectly nice people, if not ones you would necessarily want to be in charge of the wine list, bless them. I suspect there will be a bit of "booking our tickets for Old Trafford" followed by some "enjoy it while it lasts". In other words, normal conversation between normal people about a topic that in the end doesn't matter all that much

They are still from the darkside, keep them at a distance.  They follow false doctrine. 

Guest mkowl
5 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Indeed.

Be fun when they realise they only get 2000 tickets or so for most games 

Always thought if we ever got promoted my chances of going to an away game would be minimal