Keiran Lee "Might" be involved tomorrow!

3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Signed July 2012 so it must have been Dave Jones signed him, Stuart Gray was 2013.

Stuart Gray was Jones' number 2.

So in other words. Gray signed him. Inbetween telling Jones what to do every week 

• Haha 1

Guest addedtime
1 hour ago, mozzy85 said:

You say that but look at what Hutchinson has been through and he's been vital since Jos went. Plus Hutchs injury was worse. I think if he could make a solid comeback I see no reason Lee can't. I'm sure Bruce knows what he's doing and will evaluate him like everyone else in the squad. 

Assume Hutch is fit for tomorrow?

He was the best player at the club until his injury.

if he’s fit and we can protect ourselves in terms of him becoming injured again in any new contract he should get a year offer.

1 hour ago, poite said:

Stuart Gray was Jones' number 2.

So in other words. Gray signed him. Inbetween telling Jones what to do every week 

Ok guys from what I remember it was Jones that signed him as a right back. Never played him. Gray took over stuck him in midfield.

The just before Gray was sacked he renewed his contract,

this was the clip I was talking about.

3 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

He signed a new contract when Carlos was manager, which I'd bet pushed his earnings to around 25k per week.

Correct. 

3 hours ago, agentwalker said:

He signed just before Carlos, Can still remember the photo with Lee and Gray

He signed a new deal after the play off final under Carlos and no doubt his wages will have gone up significantly after the season he'd just had.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2016/july/kieran-lee-extends-contract-with-sheffield-wednesday/

• Thanks 1

I find it baffling people would let him leave. He's been out a while obviously, but there is no reason he can't be fit and ready to go by August if he's not far off the match day squad now. If he gets back to 90% of the player he was he'd still be the best player at the club. We have missed him massively. And to replace him would cost millions. For me he's worth a year extension even if it's on 25k (allegedly) a week. To replace him would cost at least that in wages then probably 6 million in a fee. No brainer if he's approaching any kind of decent level of fitness.

6 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Out for 2 years but give him a new contract? 

You think he can sustain a season playing week in, week out when this league puts bigger demands on player fitness with modern tactics, pressing etc? 

Pay as you play would be the only deal any sane offer the club should consider. 

I see your point but remember that part of the reason he's been out for so long is that Carlos rushed him back from injury too early and he broke down again. That arguably cost us a quality player for a season and nearly cost him his career 

2 minutes ago, darra said:

I see your point but remember that part of the reason he's been out for so long is that Carlos rushed him back from injury too early and he broke down again. That arguably cost us a quality player for a season and nearly cost him his career 

Agreed 

Good luck Kieran Lee tomorrow. Hope he gets some game time. A truly fantastic footballer - makes the game look easy and we have missed him massively. 

We need to release a load of players in the summer but I would be receptive keeping him on. Reduced terms. I would understand Hooper been released given we have 7 strikers already and he’s on £32k PW but we are short in midfield and short on runners. If Lee is fit and our medical team are happy, then surely we must look at 1 year extension.